Chapter 28: Therapy and secrets pt. 1

CATRAS POV

I finally made it home. I opened the front door very quietly trying not to wake anyone up because if I do it's just going to be questions thrown at me.

I managed to get inside the house and into the bedroom without waking anyone. When I was putting away my jacket I turned around to see a wide awake Adora sitting up on the bed. Fuck.

"Why are you still up?"

"Why are you just getting home?"

Damn. She got me.
"I uh- met a friend."

"Your not smoking again, are you?"

"No no! It was a friend I had back in high school, I saw her again tonight."

Adora stared at me for a minute then laid back down turning the other way.

"C'mon Adora don't do this."

"You left me." She said quietly

"Adora stop. I'm sorry. You were sleep and I didn't want to wake you."

"But why are you leaving me!?" She started screaming.

"Adora-"

She grabbed two pillows and threw it at me.

"What the fuck Adora! Chill the hell out!..I wasn't even gone that long."

"So 2 hours is not long? I could've hurt myself in 2 hours!"

"But did you?" I screamed louder than her, already tired of her bullshit. She looked down at her legs and looked at her arms.

"Well actually I did!"

"Oh really?" I crossed my arms tapping my foot against the floor.

"Yes really! I tried to stand up without my crutches and fell and no one was there to help me! It took me forever to get back up!"

"Adora. Who's fault is that?"

"Yours!"

"How!?"

"You weren't there to help me!"

"Oh my- Adora your the one who tried to stand on your own! That's not my fucking fault."

"Still! You left."

"I'll leave again if you don't shut the hell up!" I yelled with my finger pointing at her but I immediately put it down. No. No no. I'm acting like my mother. "Adora I-"

"No. Leave if that's what you wanna do." She looked down and I could see tears rolling down her face. She turned back around and laid back down.

I walked over to the bed and got in. I scooted over next to her and pulled her into my arms.

"Let me go!"

"Nope." I felt her try to lift my arms up but I held her even tighter.

"Ugh."

I stayed behind her making her a little spoon.

"I'm sorry Adora." I ran my hand through her hair.

She didn't say anything at first.

"It's ok." I heard her say softly. "Just don't leave again."

"Ok."

"Promise?"
..............
"I promise."

GLIMMERS POV

I heard a bunch of screaming coming from downstairs and I knew Catra had made it back home.