Chapter 1 Dazzling Unraveling

^^Song Nate sings^^

Nate

I was finishing up my last show of singing songs I was singing levitating by Dua lipa.

The one thing I had that made it different was one of the mutant abilities the ability to turn sound into the light there was a whole spectrum of color on stage I finished up the last verse and quickly bowed and enjoyed the clapping from the audience but I hear their thoughts most of them hate the show some love it while the rest are here for a drink. I left the stage and sat down at the bar and ordered a coke from the bartender. I can't drink yet cause I'm 18 but anyway the bartender hands me my drink and he forgot ice. I looked around to see if anyone was watching me but no one was so I quickly turned my hand to ice and cooled my drink nice and cold. I turned my hand back to normal and enjoyed the cold beverage. I got up and left as some fans walked my way for autographs "I don't want them to swarm me" I thought to myself as I walked to my car I went to unlock it when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and it was a man. I asked him what he wanted. The man asked if he could have my number but I told him I'm not interested and went to go inside my car when he grabbed my wrist and told me that I don't get to say no to him that he's in control of me here. I felt my skin change to diamond and I quickly backhanded him away. The man went far back and hit the concrete with a hard thud.

"Get away from me," I said as I hopped into my car and drove to my cabin in the woods.

I finally reached my driveway. I parked, got out of my car, and walked to my front door. I grabbed my house key and unlocked the house. I walked into my home then sat down in my chair "I wanna take a shower today" I thought to myself as I got back up. I grab my clothes then walked into the bathroom as I took off my shirt and looked in the mirror I saw my scars all over my arms from the awful experiments my father did on me I flashed back to me picking up a newspaper the day after I killed my dad the headline was David and Lillith Frost found dead, and their child nowhere to be found. I remember feeling angry at my father as he broke my mother's neck in front of me .

I remember hearing his last breath leave him as I punched a hole through his chest while in my diamond form. I felt water on my face and looked into the mirror again and saw that I was crying. I looked at my hands and saw blood. My nails must've poked through the skin from how hard I was clenching my fists. I quickly got undressed and walked into the shower I turned on the water which quickly turned into a nice warm/hot water I sat down and cried into my knees as the horrible flashbacks started so I started to suppress these memories I got back up to wash the tears away, got out of the shower, dried off, and put my dry clothes on. I walked out into my kitchen and grabbed myself water then walked down to my room. I sat on my bed and grabbed my favorite book then started reading. I went to throw my bottle away when I heard a knock at the door. I opened the door and there was another mutant at the front door.

"Do you need to tell me something, ma'am? " I said.

The woman looked at me and spoke

"I am a mutant with the ability to see into the future. We need your help otherwise we will die. The humans are gonna deem us dangerous and make weapons to destroy us".

I told her that wasn't happening and then closed the door on her face, then I walked back to my bedroom after throwing the water bottle away and went back to reading. I heard something that sounded like a weapon charging up and saw as something smashed my bedroom wall. I got up and looked to see what it was. When I finally saw it, I figured out it was your everyday police officer with your standard energy rifle.

The police officer walked in and yelled "Hands in the air or else I'm gonna shoot"

I looked at him and raised my hands and spoke

"What are my charges officer".

He told me that he knew I was a mutant and heard about me "assaulting" a man who did nothing to me at all. I turned into my diamond form and he opened fire on me. The officer must've had his rifle set on high cause it knocked me back and I lost my footing and I fell. The officer then shot the whole ceiling that then fell on top of me and I was buried alive. I started panicking. I started feeling my powers go out of control and I started using my concussive blasts out of control to shoot everything around me with no aim or control. I hit the officer and he went flying back then landed on a large stick that impaled him right in the chest and he started spitting up blood.

I walked over to him panicking and telling him I'm sorry I didn't mean to do this as his eyes slowly closed with his last breath leaving him he died. I carefully picked his body up and dug him a grave then placed his body in the grave and put the dirt over him then made a cross to stick in the ground to mark the grave. I quickly ran back into the remains of my house and removed the wall in my living room which revealed a hidden room that had a book bag filled with important stuff like clothes, a phone, and an envelope filled with at least 50,000 dollars. I quickly grabbed my keys and got into my car to drive away to a nearby town to spend the night in. I used some money to rent a room at a motel for the night. I got the key and walked to my room for the night and settled down wondering what I was to do now that I have accidentally killed a guy. I tried going to sleep but the guilt of killing made me decide I would just get up and go for a walk. I walked outside and felt the cold air nip at my skin. I went to a park that wasn't closed and laid down to look at the stars. I heard the peaceful noises of the wildlife around me and let it slowly calm me. I got back up and started to meditate slowly, levitating off the ground and continuing to enjoy the sounds of nature. I quickly finished calming down and got back in my car to drive to the motel to go to sleep. I got into my room and climbed into bed letting slumber overtake me.