Chapter 22 It's Almost Time

Ash

I started to walk out of my room, but something pulled at my leg. When I looked down, I saw Rex biting onto my pants.

" What is it, Rex?" I say as I tilted my head.
"Be careful, and please think about what I said earlier. You are our only hope of leaving." Rex spoke.

"Give me a while to think," I say while running out of my room.

Just like Killian, I have grown to like this world, even though they are hunting non-humans, this place has so many beautiful places.

I walked around the whole camp we have made here and saw so many people.

I wanted to protect them all, but if I leave, that won't happen at all. I was going deeper into my mind when some group of people came up to me.

"Ash, there has been talk about an area that has possibly been spotted."
"What do you mean?" I say.

"Well some guards went into the woods for the patrol, and someone said they happened to see someone there." another person said.

I started to think and debate on what to do next. If it is just one then a few should be fine, but if it is more than they need a lot. I looked around the camp and then spotted Rex. If he goes with them, then they should be fine no matter what numbers they take.

"Gather twenty volunteers and Rex, come here for a moment," when Rex went to where we looked, I was getting many dirty looks from the group here.

"Rex, I want you to go with this group of people. They are going to take a group of twenty volunteers to the woods to check something out. Someone saw someone there that happened to look suspicious. I want you to go and help as well as protect them."
"Ma'am, are you okay, the wolf won't be able to protect-"

"Do not question me boy, I might seem insane, but trust me when I say this, Rex will be able to protect and keep you guys safe," I say. I felt my eyes starting to change. I felt my fangs start to come out, but I couldn't keep this going. I had to stop the transformation. Everyone here thinks I am just like them and not a monster. I look over at Rex and wanted

as he was licking his lips.
"Ash, your hand is bleeding." He says. I looked down and saw my hand was in a fist form and leaking blood. I walked closer to Rex and put my hand out in front of him and said,

"Lick the blood up please." I say and he nodded and then started to lick my blood up.

After he stopped he was full of energy and power.
"Okay, go ahead and head out, come back if there is any sign of danger or any sign. Your mission is to see what is going on and that is all." I say and they nodded and ran off with Rex following behind them.

I started to wonder what was gonna happen to them and if I should have gone instead of them. Soon after hours passed I picked up Rex's wavelength and heard gunshots in the air. I started to panic and called for everyone to go to the mansion. I had a gut feeling they were there, all of them and I know they needed help. I rushed everyone to the woods and back to the mansion. I ran and looked for Kay, and when I found her I saw her returning from somewhere.

"I have no clue where you have been all night and part of yesterday, but we need to hurry. We need to get to the mansion now. Please do not murder me for what I am about to do" I picked her up and threw her over my shoulder, and used all the vampire speed I could muster up in that exact moment. I need to get there fast, and I need to save them. This is on my hands now.

If anyone dies or gets injured their blood will be on my hands.

"Ace, I need your strength today. No matter what happens today, protect our unborn child. I will give you the task." I say to my inner wolf. I felt her nodding and felt her move from the back of my mind to my stomach.

I felt Kay's hits on my back, but I ignored it. She and I just have to make it. We have to make it in time.

I started to go faster and faster with each step I took. Soon I was on the battlefield and when I got there, I was in shock and was mortified.