Chapter 8 Bright puzzles

Nate 

I walked back down and started reading more of that journal. I started reading more of the last chapter. It read "I haven't found my daughter yet, but I still have to get my wife out of the way. I have perfected the recipe to make one of the most powerful mutants that ever lived. I just need to get the DNA and inject the material into my son. Maybe then it'll make him stronger. I flipped to the beginning then went to chapter 2 it read "my son is reacting quite well to the treatments I can tell his mutant powers are growing with each injection. Nathan's powers include Telepathy, Telekinesis, Organic Diamond, and Ice form, Aerokinesis, Pyrokinesis, Concussive blasts, Superhuman strength, agility, and durability, Intangibility, photokinesis (by turning sound into light), and sonic scream. But his claustrophobia is a severe case every time he is in a small place his powers go out of control. Maybe it wasn't wise to punish him by locking him in a chest when he misbehaved tomorrow, we will see just how strong his diamond form is and just how much it can withstand. My wife has been distant lately. Maybe she's hiding something, but I can't remember if she's hiding anything. I am going to find out I don't care what I have to do to figure it out." I sensed that the girl had awoken. I decided to approach her softly but then remembered that I don't know her. I have to be careful, so I decided to wait a little bit and I started to wash the dishes as I thought about how to approach the girl's situation. I started to clean the dishes and I started singing a little melody not realizing light was surrounding me. I looked at my phone to see when my next show was scheduled for tonight. I am going to have to leave the girl here and hope she doesn't destroy anything. I quickly stopped the lights and put the dishes away then watched some of the news. The news was mentioning talk of superhumans and them being dangerous and how they are designing weapons to help contain and destroy them. There was footage of cameras playing now which showed a young mutant freezing solid a human, an elderly man shooting a car then looting everything inside it after killing the people inside, and then there was a scene of me turning into my diamond form, but it stopped before it showed me backhanding the creepy guy. I panicked so I shut off the tv, took a minute to think, and grabbed my phone to cancel my next show. I quickly threw my phone into the air and destroyed it with fire so people can't track me using my phone. I picked up a bag for me and my guest to go somewhere safe. I quickly set the stuff down and thought of a place to go that could be safe. "Do we go to the old-abandoned mansion or should we go down the old sewer system. If we go to the mansion maybe, we can bring others with us so they also don't suffer the same fate as the rest will. Though it makes me wonder what this new weapon they are designing, also the sewers will be sure to help bring diseases and slowly wipe us out like rats. But that's what normal people want to happen to us. They want to watch us be wiped out. Exterminated. Extinction." I thought to myself as I quickly threw the bag down to calm down, so I don't have a panic attack. I wonder how I'm going to get this girl to follow me to somewhere safe and if we aren't careful enough, she and I are going to get seriously injured and possibly even die. I started singing again while walking to my room and removing some floorboards to reveal a hidden stairwell that led to a room. I clicked the light on then quickly grabbed guns and weapons, so I didn't drain my stamina by using my mutant abilities. This girl is under my protection for now, but I don't know if my powers are strong enough to protect her and myself. I started to walk to the room she was in and went to open the door. I hope I know what I'm doing here. I'm going to have to get her out of here and somewhere safe. I'll get us all safe so we can survive.