Chapter 21 The Gifts

Nate

I woke up in the medical area in one of the beds. I know Killian put me here and made sure I was okay but he's not here anymore. He must be doing something important. I felt another presence in my mind; it was a celestial being. "I'm the goddess Hecate. I have intervened to help you keep saving your world," the goddess said. I have received magic from Hecate. I could hear the spells infiltrate my mind. I decided to speak one of the spells "Magicae Aurae" I said with my voice having an extra voice beside it speaking. I watched as I shot a magic blast from my hand and destroyed a wall. I hid my second voice and walked into the training. As I walked in I encountered a fight between two kids. One was launching metal while the other one was blocking it using force fields. I broke up the fight by yelling "knock this off NOW" the last word was so loud the room shook. The room stopped shaking and I walked out panicking slightly. Killian was looking around for me, and when he spotted me, he walked up to me and asked "How's it going?" he looked at me then said "what's wrong" I explained to him nothing is wrong then he asked me once more "what's wrong" I yelled back "I said nothing is wrong now SHUT UP" the yell had a force behind it that knocked Killian back into a wall. I looked at him and whimpered out "I'm sorry" before running down the hall crying slightly. I ran into Ash. "Are you okay Nate you seem to be crying" Ash said. "I just am having a bad day Ash, it's nothing to worry about," I said while mentally yelling at myself for not hiding the second voice speaking with my real voice. I hope she didn't hear it. I walked to my room and sat down on the floor. I started meditating and slightly levitating. I heard crackling so I opened my eyes and saw mana energy around me. I continued meditating and trying to calm down the energy around me but it wouldn't work so I focused the energy into something so it could hold itself together and not explode. The energy formed into a bo staff. I grabbed the staff and felt it. It was solid but I willed the staff to disappear. I went back to meditating when I heard something rustling around in my closet. I shot my Bo staff at the closet using telekinesis. I heard it pierce something metal so I walked over and checked the closet. When I opened the closet door I saw a robot of some sort stuck to the wall with my Bo staff impaled in its chest. I touched the robot's face and noticed it had a camera in its eye. It's a spy but for who? I dragged it out and pulled my Bo staff out from its chest. I wonder what its purpose is. I know it's a spy but there has to be more to it. Why is it spying on me? Is it trying to find our location for someone? I looked over the machine and found nothing of interest. I have to hide this if the others found out they would panic. I looked at where the robot was supposed to be and it was gone. When I backed up I felt something grab me and throw me into the wall. I hit the wall with a thud and the robot said "sorry but no disgusting freak should be allowed to live" after the robot said that he started shooting ice around me to form a small box and entrap me. The box got smaller as he kept shooting ice my way. The walls start closing in and as they did I started panicking and crying slightly when all at once I uttered the words "Infinitum sonum cordis". When I said those words a blast shot out from my chest and hit the robot right in the chest. Right dead in the center. The bot looked at me then fell powering off for good. I panicked then watched as something in the bot clicked, releasing a terrible noise. I opened my mouth to scream and let out a loud sonic scream that broke mirrors as I held my head and panicked. I blacked out on the ground thanking God that I chose a soundproof room while hearing the bot power on once more while it said "target has been found I'm returning to base, repairs needed I'm in critical damage. When I awoke the robot was gone and I was cut but not badly. "It will heal, it's not that bad" I thought to myself. I walked out of my room after making sure I hid everything as best as possible. I went into the kitchen and smiled slightly as I thought "everyone has been working hard they all deserve at least some type of reward". I grabbed out the supplies needed to bake cookies so I can calm down and started to prepare the ingredients to make sugar cookies. When the cookies were done I pulled them out of the oven and allowed the kids to take some and told the adults that if they wanted some they had to beat me in a fight. In the end, the adults won only because they froze me and stole the cookies then ran away before they could be beaten. I laughed as they ran without looking back as I made the doors close using my powers. Killian walked in and watched as I was practically dying on the floor. The kids walked out as Killian waved them to go away and said "do you wanna play" he winked at me so I laughed and said "sure let's play" as I knocked him back with wind gusts. "This is not what I meant but now you're in for it," he said as he jumped back up and shot lightning bolts at me. I jumped up and deflected them with my telekinesis. Killian jumped up in the air with me then grabbed my arms while pinning them above my head and slammed me right back into the floor "you're gonna lose this fight" he said while grinning. "Not this time old man," I said as I kicked him up in the air and froze him to the ceiling with black ice and laughed while walking out of the room. "I win old guy " I said as I heard the ice shatter and Killian yell madly so I ran and hid in the bathroom. I laughed as he tried to break down the door. When he finally broke the door down he kissed me while putting his hands around my waist then growled at me "fine you won that fight but that's it". I giggled. I got up as someone came running in the room saying "the scouts in the woods have been found. There is a group surrounding them". I got up and flew with Killian to the place under attack.