Chapter 15 The Unexpected

Ash

It has been over six months since we all decided that this world needed to be saved. Nate and Kay know that Killian and I are from another world, however, they do not know much about it considering we haven't talked much about it, other than it was overpopulated with superhumans and that humans were rare to come by.

I started to go a little quiet so that I could keep my emotions under control. The only person who could stop her would be Killian and the others have no clue about her. I have to keep her on the down-low. I don't want them to be terrified of me or think I am a monster of some sort. In these few months we have been together we all have grown closer as a whole.

Nate led Rex and us to an abandoned mansion with a bunker and infirmary attached to it. We have made it our base of operations. We have saved a little over fifty superhumans from being taken and killed. Sadly, some were killed in the battles we had. Nate and Kay became the leaders of the group of people while I kept to myself unwilling to pay any attention. I kept trying to think back to how Rex, Killian, and I ended up in this world, but nothing ever came for the answer.

Eventually, I gave up finding the answers that I took up trying to upgrade my powers and strengths. Also, as the months went further and further along, I felt sick every morning and I ate more and more. I feel like I have put more and more weight on which just causes me to work out more and more. I am pretty sure Rex is starting to see; however, Killian is too busy trying to do Nate or to just tie him up, which he always fails at doing. It is quite hilarious.

As I took my morning patrol, I felt the world shake beneath my feet. My whole body felt like I was on fire. When I looked around nothing had happened. It was as if it was just me.

"It was just us." the voice says to me. I felt her presence for once since we came here. "It seems like something only we are experiencing. It might be something happening in our world" she spoke once again and left.

That was odd, she usually tries to take over. I started to walk in, and I saw a shirtless sweaty Killian sitting on the couch and Nate sitting on the couch reading. Kay was walking into the room. I walked a few steps towards them, and I felt the urge to throw up. I rushed to the nearest bathroom and started to vomit. I heard worried footsteps behind me and when I stopped vomiting, I went to the sink to wash out my mouth and upon looking in the mirror I saw three worried faces. I turned around to face them but soon I felt a little lightheaded. Killian came to my side to catch me as I slowly started to fall.

"A, what's going on? You have gained weight, gone quiet, eating a shit ton more food than normal and you already eat a lot. Not only that, but you have also been throwing up every single morning." Killian started to say. I look over at the others and Nate seems to be thinking of many things.

"How long ago was your last monthly?" Kay says to me. Then a light bulb came over Nate's and Killian's heads. Wait, what does that have to do with me throwing up and things? Nothing was clicking in my head at all.

"Well, I haven't had my monthly since being here so about six months, then a month in our world why?"

Both Nate and Killian rushed me out of the bathroom and to an infirmary room where Nate brought a machine to my bedside and got it hooked up with help from another person. He had me lift my shirt a bit. He put this cold liquid stuff on my stomach and took something and rubbed it all over the place with Killian holding me down, so I do not move. "Can someone tell me what is going on here?" I say loudly but at that exact moment, I heard two heartbeats coming from the machine. When I looked up at the screen, I saw two weird-looking figures. Nate then spoke, "You're pregnant," he yelled. "You're having twins actually" He stated as he walked over and grabbed something off the cabinet "I want you to take these two times a day. These pills will help strengthen your body and your babies making the pregnancy much easier and smoother" Nate says to me