Chapter 24 It is Time

Ash

"Nate, Killian hold on," But I was too late. The leader robot that had stabbed Killian and Nate got crushed at the same time, and I could hear Killian's and Nate's hearts slowing down faster and faster. I felt my whole aura change and, in an instant, I felt myself fall into the darkness, but I stopped.

"Geminos meos pugiones ignis et tenebrae invoco. Immolo corpus et animam" (I call upon my twin daggers of fire and darkness. I sacrifice my body and soul.)

Soon my daggers appeared in my hands as I gripped them, I had memories flash in my mind.

"You guys will perish!" I yell. I went after the robots knowing full well that my daggers could harm them. My mother had these specifically made for me. He wanted me to be able to protect myself from anything or anyone and in doing so had the blacksmith make these out of the strongest metal. Soon robot after robot began to get in my way, and I knew I could not fight on my own.

"I know not many of you all will understand why I kept this from you all and I wish I hadn't'" I whispered to myself while attacking more and more. I had so many wounds up and down my body, but I was too stupid to do anything about it. I saw a few robots get past me and when I turned around, they were already at Kay, she too was struggling, but I was right to have her there. She had summoned so many things to aid her and she was doing a brilliant job.

However, one of the stronger ones got into the picture and was a robot running at her. It began to overpower her, and I soon began to panic, but soon I saw Rex and I knew he need a little push.

"Rex transforms now and helps Kay, we need to protect them, not get them killed," I scream at him and when he locked eyes with me, I knew he had heard me.

Soon you could hear the cracking of bones and not just any bones, but Rex's. His fur started to shed, and scales began to form. What was once a black wolf was now a purple dragon.

I would have watched even further but I had been pushed down by a gigantic metal hand.
"You will not hurt me!" I summoned my lighting storms and soon used them to attack the hand. It in turn was gone. I closed the gap between me and the boys. I then use a blast of air to knock out the robots temporarily.

"Both of them still have heartbeats, maybe, just maybe, I can still save them. I pulled the blade out of them and began to focus on the blood.

Their blood started to go back in and soon they both started to awake. I felt her presence even more now and it started to drive me insane.

Nate began to slowly stand up and soon he looked directly at me and in his eyes I saw something new.

"What and how Ash?" Knowing fully what he meant, I stated

"It's one of my abilities. I just never use it, since I barely have control."
"ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAR"

All three of us looked behind us and see Kay and Rex taking down the last one that was in their area.

"Is that a dragon?" Nate asks.

"We will explain later," Killian says.

"Let's get over there to Kay. I have no clue how long the other ones will be out." I say to them. We ran over to Kay and regrouped.

"We need a plan!" Nate says.

"We have a dragon and are unstoppable." a random girl said

"Yeah," the rest of the crowd said.
"Guys listen, we may have a dragon, but he is limited to what he can do. Not only that, but Rex has also suffered a lot of injuries and needs time to heal." I say calmly. Nate got up and stretched while saying

"We don't need the dragon; we just need to keep the enemy close. They're on our turf. We can use it against them. We know the land better than their sensors do."

"Yeah, I agree with Nate here," Rex says in human tongue which shocked others.

"I do as well. We need to get ready. I can already sense them awakening. Also, there is something else out there." Kay starts to say.

We all looked out there and both Nate and Kay had shocked faces.

Kay

On my walk back home, I ran into Ash. She looked as if she was in a sense of panic. "I have no clue where you have been all night and part of yesterday, but we need to hurry. We need to get to the mansion now. Please do not murder me for what I am about to do." Before I knew it, I was slung over her shoulder and the world was going by insanely fast. I was getting motion sickness. "Put me down right now Ash!!" I started hitting her back in hopes she would put me down, but she never did. I could tell she was bringing me somewhere important. Something was happening. Is Nate okay? What's going on? We arrived back at the mansion that had now become a battlefield. It was horrific. Ash had stopped running at a speed that most cars couldn't go but was now running to Nate. "Dude, can you put me down?" I looked over to Nate. He was struggling and it almost broke me. I was going to kill each and every one of these robots that had done that to him, and I was going to make it hurt. Ash told me to go protect a group that were fighting and that she would handle the rest. I ran off to the group and tried to tell them to get back. Only a few listened. From the background I heard Ash say something from some movie. "Ash, you watch too many movies!" Would those be the last words I ever said to her? Momma if you can hear me, I could really use some advice right about now, I don't really know how to fight these things. Fight fire on fire. Angry, I need to get angry to be able to summon the fire I needed. Then I needed to stay angry to control the fire. I thought of all the things that made me angry as a kid. It started a small fire, but it wasn't enough. I thought of that night with Jules. The fire grew and I made it hit the robots. The metal on their bodies started to melt and I could see the wires I needed to melt on all of them. Before that could happen, I was hit in the side by one of them and flung into a tree. I felt the tree hit my back, but I didn't feel the pain. I was too angry to feel it. I felt the fire at my feet as it trailed to the robots hitting their exposed wires and melting them. I made the fire rise even higher to completely engulf them and melt all the way. I didn't stop there. I started to burn the forest. Fuck this place. I'm going to make it all burn. Every fucking inch of this goddamn place. Kay. Snap out of it. Focus! The fire stopped and I went back to focusing on the situation on hand. I regrouped with Ash and Nate. The rest of them as well. Rex had at some point turned himself into a dragon. It was only a matter of time till that gave out on him. "We need to get ready. I can already sense them awakening. There's something else out there..."