Chapter 20 Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick....

Kay

Walking back, I felt an uneasiness. Something was wrong. Very very wrong. I could feel it. I snuck away behind a building to sneak away to the spirit realm. Everything was in chaos in the realm. It's happening, run. Go. Get help. Save them. Protect them. Now. Now. NOW! Shit what is happening. Nothing is right here. Something is happening here. I exited the chaos of the spirit world and walked back to the sidewalk. I need to figure out what is happening. I decided to go back to the bar and open up the news stations on my phone. I couldn't find anything. "You're back huh." Jules. She was right behind me. I guess she switched to day drinking so she wouldn't have to see me. What did I even do other than the same thing she was doing? "What do you want from me Jules? Isn't shattering what was left of my heart enough?" I turned to look at her. She looked awful, like she hadn't slept in weeks. "I'm sorry, okay, I know I messed up. I was being unfair, and it was wrong of me to be mad when I hadn't told you anything about myself either. It was wrong of me to say the things I did too." I chuckled. "Oh well." She looked confused. "What does that mean?" I looked at her. "My laughing means screw you. I don't forgive and I don't forget either. You think I'm dangerous anyways so why apologize? Aren't you going to tell me to go back to my kind?" She started to cry. I let the memories of that night trickle back to me. I let myself relive that anger so I wouldn't go back to her. I couldn't let myself get hurt to love like that again. "I'm sorry Kay, I really am, I promise. I really really like you, hell I think I love you." All at once the anger I tried to get dissipated. I felt my eyes start to water. I knew the tears were coming so I got up and left. "Kay! Please just talk to me! Just come back!" I could hear her sobs as I walked away from her. I wouldn't let myself be hurt again. I don't have a heart to give anymore.

Walking down the street I decided to stop at a lake nearby. I always loved the water. It was my favorite place to be. It gave me a sense of tranquility. The peacefulness of the water and the fresh air. It was wonderful. When I die, I want my ashes to be scattered in the ocean. I want to be lied to rest in the water. It would be so peaceful. I would have such a peaceful time. Unless of course I become a spirit and haunt Nate and Ash for fun. Either way I'll have a great time in death. Unfortunately I feel as if my death isn't too far off. I feel something is going to happen especially since the spirit world is in such a wreck. Jules is well, I don't know how to put it. Complicated I suppose. I really do like her. I won't risk it.

I could feel my consciousness slipping away from me. I was going to walk in the water. I couldn't see anything. It was dark. I turned around when I heard a click. The door that wouldn't open in the spirit realm. I was inside of the room. It was dark. There was no light unlike other parts of the realm. Yet it was calming. I could hear someone humming from one of the corners but couldn't quite tell from which one. Yet I was calm. It was deadly cold here. The humming stopped. I could hear footsteps. They were approaching me. Slowly, quietly, peacefully. A woman appeared. "Momma? Is that, is that really you? No it can't be, you should be in heaven. No momma." She smiled. "Hi hunny. I'm sorry I couldn't be here alive for you or Natey. I wish I could've but your father caught me in my lie. He knows you're alive. He's coming, you need to get to safety. You and Nate. Get to safety. Both of you, please. I love you, okay? Tell Nate I love him too." Momma..."No, Nate killed that fucker. He's not coming, he is dead. We're safe momma I promise." She smiled. "You always were a little stubborn when you were younger. I was hoping you would grow out of it. Especially for Clara and Lee's sake. I hope they treated you well?" I gulped. "Yea momma, they treated me well. But I have so many questions I need to ask you and so many things to say and-" "Patience is a virtue darling." She was gone. Again. I could never seem to make her stay. It was getting colder and harder to breathe. I snapped out of the spirit world and realized I was under the water. Too far deep for me to make it back to the surface before I drowned. I had to try. I started swimming upwards with what little breath I had left. Halfway to the surface I passed out. I woke to Jules trying to get the water out of my lungs. I coughed up whatever water was in my lungs. She looked relieved. She tried to take my hand but I stood up instead. "Are you okay? I'm so glad I ran after you. What were you thinking?" I looked at her with a stone cold expression. "You should have let me die." She stared at me in shock. "What? Are you okay? Did you actually want to die? What is going on?" I turned away. "What do you care? I'm not you're kind remember?" I could hear her curse at me under her breath as she stood up. "Oh for fuck's sake Kay. We all say things that we don't fucking mean. Especially in anger." Suddenly she spun me around to face her and kissed me. "Let. It. Go." I didn't say anything. Just stood in shock. "Meet me tonight at our spot? We have a lot to talk about. A lot to go over." I blinked. "Uh, yea for sure." She smirked and walked away. I started to go back to my new home, with Ash and Nate. Right where I belong.