Chapter 40: Caught

AN: I hope someone is still waiting for me to update this. I'm sorry for the dellays

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

We quickly stand up as soon as we heard someone entering the rooftop.
When we saw them we quickly bowed and slowly walk out but they caught us.

"Wait!" they called

We kept our heads down but they bowed down, just to see our faces.

"They are the one's I am talking about. Our company's power couple" Jeonghan sunbaenim said, he's a member from Seventeen sunbae.

"I know them... This one is the leader of the new Korean pop girl group of our company and ohhh!!! Sunghoon-ssi! I support you" S.Coups sunbae, the leader of Seventeen sunbae, is a very warm person as he gave me a thumbs up.

"Go on now, and don't forget the umbrella" Jeonghan smirked as he handed us the umbrella.

We quickly ran down stairs and was nervous. Sunghoon's face and mine turned red.

"Did they perhaps saw it?" I asked and that shocked him.

We just awkwardly laughed and just head down after calming ourselves.

"ohh! Sister-in-law!!!" Jay shouted as soon as they saw us in the hallway

"wahh! Would you look at that!" Bom said from the back. We are cornered infront and even in the back.

"You can't run away from us now" the group said and we just laughed.

"You two should act normal, what's there to hide when everyone knows it already" Mina said

"Yeah! I agree to her... You two should start taking it out on public. Be free, break the cancel culture" Sunoo supported Mina

"But... Aren't you all feel awkward?" I asked and they all turn their heads sideways

"Why would we feel awkward when we just love watching the two of you happy" Bom said

"okay then... We still need to go the recording studio, our schedule today is packed" I told the girls and pushed them away

"You all should go now. Have fun on your activities for today" Jaemin waved her hands to them and I turned around and signaled Sunghoon to text or call me later.

"You sneaky fox... We made all sorts of reasons to cover you up" Mina said

"Thank you... He just wanted to see me in the rooftop soo--" they stopped me from talking.

"sooo you ran as fast as you can and never even think about us?" Bom said crossing her arms

"I did think about all of you... It's a short break and I just wanted to see him. All of us are always together most of the time" I told her as I was giving her a hug.

"You should support her uniieee... Now that the dating romours are in the interest of many people, Sunghoon and JV will have a lesser time together" Jaemin said

I just smiled at her as I tap her shoulder. There is still awkwardness present in the group but we are just trying to forgive her after what she did.

"I do agree with Jaemin" Yun Hee said

"Jv!!!!" our manager came rushing to us and she was mad

"Manager-nim" I told her as I kept my head low

"I told you to hold yourself and not to see him for now... Can't you see both you and Sunghoon have your careers at stake here. Not only you two but to the group" She said scolding me in the middle of the way.

People were passing by and taking pictures but then she grab my hand and we went to my own recording studio.

"Can you just please hear me out? I am doing this for your future" she told me as she was holding both of my hands.

My group members were knocking at my door a lot of times but she doesn't care.

"If you want my future to be cold as an ice then go ahead, please do the honor of ruining my life" I told her which made her even more angry.

"Going back to Sunghoon is a dream come true. I gave up being a ballet and came back here to pursue being a kpop idol even though I know that people will soon bash me" I told her what I really feel.

"Manager-nim... I can only find my happiness just beside him. I will accept the dating rumor at all cost... We should let people normalize seeing their idols dating, we are humans too, we deserve to be happy" I told her and she just hugged me tightly.

"I just hope you will handle all the criticisms well because some of his fans and your fans have toxic personalities" she told me

"You know me... I can handle them well, don't worry Manager-nim. I know some successful celebrities that fans support like Hyuna and Dawn sunbaenims relationship" I told her

"Let's just hope for a good result" she said tapping my back.

"I can handle the criticisms... I swear" I told her and we went out together.

"JV!! Are you okay? Are you hurt?" Bom said and they all started to search my body as if our manager will do a physical abuse to me.

We just laughed and she put her hand on my shoulder, I put my hand on her waist.

"We're okay... We talked it out" I told them

"And do you really believe I would do such a thing?" Our manager asked smiling from ear to ear

"It's just that you really looked scary a while ago..." Mina started

"You looked like you are going to throw her off the building or something" Byeol told her and we all laughed..

We hug each other and our manager told me something.

"There are a lot of reporters out there. I think it will be best if the news will be announced by you and your boyfriend" Our manager said as she was holding tightly on my shoulder.

"That's greattt!!!" Bom said jumping up and down

"But... The higher ups might kick you out or even the both of us" I told her

"The company will first observe the charts for a day or two and they will decide whether to kick you out or not" Our manager said

"We will be by your side JV... Don't worry" Jaemin said

We let our manager out first to calm the reporters down and me and my group stood in one line.

I step forward and everyone started taking pictures.

"I have an announcement to make... I will announce it first before answering your queries" I told them and they really respected my personal space.

"First, I would like to apologize for all the fans who are rooting for me and my team as well as for Enhypen for worrying you a lot and some of the news. Second, I would like to thank those fans who still support us despite the drastic events happening lately. Third... " I stopped and saw everyone's eyes widened

"The dating rumors are true, Sunghoon and I are dating for a week already" I told them and they started to come closer and closer to ask me some additional questions.

But then I was pulled by someone who is stronger than I am. He hide me behind his back in order to protect me from the disrespectful reporters.

-_-_-_
AN: I hope this update is okay... I am still in a tight spot right now because of my busy schedule. I hope you all understand ❤️