Chapter 48: Between You and Me

After the photoshoot I went for a walk but was blocked by a mob, we noticed that they were holding a lot of dirty objects.

"You're that ballerina girl who seduced our dear Sunghoon right?" They said as they started to harass me.

"I don't know what you did to get attached to him but you are not even that worthy" They said as they were trying hard to look at my fully covered face.

They removed my hoodie and snatched my mask. "I'm right, you're that girl JV" the woman said and they started throwing an egg, trash, and even a tomato at me. I have been harassed and I just protect myself without hurting anyone because they can turn the situation into my disadvantage.

My face was fully covered but how come they even know the site where our site is.

I understand Sunghoon's scope of fame but I ran as if this was a horror movie, which it is. I tried to loose them and finally hide behind someone's fence. I waited for minutes until I am sure that they are gone but a teenager saw me in their backyard.

"Are you a thief?" she said holding a broomstick in her hand.

I turned around and shake my hands aggressively so that she wouldn't have a bad idea about me.

"I'm just hiding, I am so sorry." I told her but she don't trust me. After she saw the marks on my hoodie and the stinky smell with my messy hair, I believe she trusted my words.

"Thank you" I said and was very relieved.

"Do you want to use my clothes? The people might confused you as a beggar" She suggested but I am also hesitant to accept it but I did took it.

"Thank you" I told her while she showed me to their bathroom.

After washing my whole body, I changed into her clothes and she knocked the door.

"If you're done then you can come out now, I am about to pee my pants" She said which made me laugh and slowly opened the door.

"I'm so sorry" I said and she rushed inside.

"Who might you be?" an old woman asked and I immediately bowed to her.

"Just a stranger, she saved me from getting beaten up, grandma" I told her and she just smiled.

"I never thought my grand daughter have a friend. You know she doesn't smile much but she's a good girl" she said while she pulled me to the table.

"She always lock herself in her room, she either studies or listen to music" Her grandmother replied and she set up the table for us to eat.

It made me think about her condition because she has scratches and blue marks on her hand.

"Is she okay this past few days grandma?" I asked and she was smiling from ear to ear like she doesn't know.

"Grandma!" she greeted while she approached her smiling and she was full of joy.

"She's your friend right? Let's eat first and show her around so that you won't feel suffocated in your room" she nagged at her and she responded to her like she's not in a deep pain.

"Why does it seem like I saw you before? Have we met? Or are you always in TV shows?" her grandmother asked while she gave me a bowl of rice.

"You are flattering me grandma~ I haven't seen you before and I don't appear in TVs" I joke around with her and she just give me a lot of compliments.

"How come you can't be on Tvs? With that beauty of yours, you have smooth glassy skin, beautiful eyes, perfect face proportion and shape..." she said which made me shut my mouth.

"You even know that kind of stuffs grandma?" I asked.

"Of course! I need to keep up with the trends so that I can understand other young people." she replied as she placed a meat on top of my spoonful rice.

It touched my heart and I felt so relieved that I came across wonderful people.

"Do you know how to sing dear?" she asked.

"she even knows how to dance" the woman murmured and I was confused whether she knows about my real identity or not.

"What?" her grandmother asked.

"I do know how to sing grandma" I replied.

After finishing the meal, I offered to wash the dishes and cleaned the kitchen.

"I will pack you some of the kimchi I made last night. You should eat more because you're so thin like a bamboo" she said as she looked for a Tupperware.

"I will surely repay your kindness grandma" I told her and finished up.

"No need to repay me dear, I am okay and all I need you to do is to stay close to my daughter. Her other friend just died from cancer and I don't know how she's coping up" she replied tapping at my shoulder.

"I will keep an eye on her grandma, I promise" I told her while I bring out my pinky finger and she smiled intertwining her pinky finger to mine.

"Can we take a photo together haleomonie?" I asked her and she agreed.

We took a ton of photos and her granddaughter also joined us. This is the present I can give them.

We smiled while looking at the photos because grandma was a fun type of person, her poses were unexpectedly funny.

My phone started ringing like crazy, everytime I end the call, another call comes in.

"you can take it. It must be from your family or something important" She told me and I just picked up the phone.

"Where are you?" He asked with his voice shaking and heavy breathing.

"Are you okay?" I asked Sunghoon.

"I am okay but where are you? Did something happen to you?" He asked me back.

"Something did happen to me but I am also glad that it did happen." I replied smiling.

"Come back, the photographer is looking everywhere for you too" he notified me and I said that I will be back in 30 minutes.

"I told you it's important" grandma said as she gave me her special kimchi.

"Yuri yah~ you should accompany your friend to the nearest bus station or taxi if there are" she said and she took the kimchi from me and gave it to her granddaughter.

The both of us walk away from the house and she was just very silent along the way.

"If you're having a hard time, you can just call me and share your burdens. I wouldn't mind giving you my feedbacks" I told her while I am smiling from ear to ear.

"You don't even know what I am going through" she replied while she kept her head down.

"Try me" I was confident and raised my eyebrow.