Chapter 51: Related

Yuri and I talk about something in the rooftop.

"I don't know if this is a coincidence but what type of cancer did your friend have?" I asked her.

"She had pancreatic cancer" she replied.

"Do you want to know mine?" I asked her while I was smiling and she was in a state of shock after hearing what I just said.

"I have a brain cancer and it grew throughout the years. I thought it was just a minor headaches and nosebleeds because of over practicing but it was cancer. If I knew it earlier then I might have the chance to get it treated" I shared and she was preventing herself from shedding tears.

"I never thought that you also are experiencing a very deadly disease. I am sorry" she said which made me force myself to smile.

"Why are you sorry? You have done nothing wrong" I told her and caress her back.

"Can you make me a copy of your friend's playlist?" I asked her and she nods repeatedly.

"JV? It's freezing out here" Sunghoon said as he brings me a scarf and a blanket.

"Don't tell him yet" I told Yuri and she agreed, she immediately wipe her tears.

"I know you" Sunghoon said as he placed the items he got on my neck and my lap.

"It's getting dark unnie~ My grandmother and I should head back now. I'll see again tomorrow" She said and I smiled and wave her goodbye.

"Grandmother? Is she the one who always come and bring foods?" He asked and he sat down beside me.

"Did she bring foods? I guess so" I replied and look at the shimmering stars.

"I want to shine like the stars above when I die" I murmured while I was mesmerized with it.

"Die? Who's dying?" Sunghoon was shock about my sudden topic.

"You know the fiction of our ancestors? Like when we die... We will become stars and look at those people we left behind and guide them?" I looked at him.

"Hmm? What about it?" He asked as he place his hand on my shoulder.

"I was just wondering if that is true" I replied and lean on his shoulder.

"I guess we both don't know that yet because we will live together until our hair turns gray and old" He said smiling and kissed my head.

"Let's stay like this for a while" I told him and we just look at the wide skies.

"You know that you can just share me your burdens... Don't keep it to yourself" He said while he was caressing my hair.

"I know" I told him

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

After how many days...

"Ready to shave your hair?" Bom asked while she was getting every detail on camera. I stood still and took a deep breathe.

"Let's get started" I said and the stylist took the razor.

"Everyone~ JV's hair will be donated to cancer patients" Bom cheered.

I look at myself in the mirror and showed no reaction, after shaving everything, I started crying and the girls were laughing. Little did they know that it wasn't just for donation but I am starting to loose my hair days ago.

"Don't worry JV, your hair will grow sooner or later and you can just wear a wig" Mina said and I started laughing.

We promoted our albums and I have done numerous photoshoots. During that time I kept it from myself and my mother did the same thing. 

"We should do the thing where boy groups do when they send someone to military" Mina suggested and everyone agreed.

She posted it on Weverse with the caption "Our leader is going to military"

After that hair cut, we went to Yuri's school to promote our album and to keep her safe from bullies.

"They're the group Phoenix right?" A lot of students were looking at us from their windows.

"Hello everyone!" I shouted and they were all excited.

"Daebak! Is this real?" they were shouting and eventually bring their phones out.

"See you in a minute!" I shouted at them and the head of the school accompanied us first to his office and then to the theater.

"Call the students" he said and we were smiling.

When everyone gathered, their phones where focused on us.

"I want to thank Mr. Mun for welcoming us here today and everyone who is present here today. You're surprised right?" I started with a laugh.

"JV!!! Saranghae~ You changed your hair!" Someone shouted on the top of their lungs.

"Ohh~ You noticed it?" I asked.

"Is there a comeback?" They asked.

"No... No... There's no comeback for now, this is just a wig" I told them and everyone stood quiet for a minute.

"Ohh~ I just donated my hair... Promise me that you won't be surprised" I told them smiling from ear to ear.

My manager stopped me but I just let them see it. I removed the wig and everyone was shock that I became bald.

"Listen guys~ I donated my hair to people who don't have self confidence to appear in public. I hope everyone would understand, I am also entering the military" I joke around and everyone was laughing at it.

Everyone will make fun of me because of this but they will understand it soon.

"We are here today because we want to visit this important friend of mine. Park Yuri~ come on to the stage" I announced and everyone was looking around at first.

"Yuri's HERE!!" Someone shouted and the spotlight was directed at her.

"That's my friend over there" I stated.

"Everyone should be nice to her because she helped me when I was being chased by some people" I announced.

"I also want to dedicate this performance to Mr. Mun's daughter... Mun Yuna, she created this playlist and we definitely loved it. I hope you will like it to" I announced and started the first song.

Everything was going pretty well and my wig was holding on tightly to my head. We inserted our messages to the people who are watching together with our compiled hard times videos. Everyone was starting to tear up because we were talking about life and that everyone is loved. If they need someone to talk to then they can just talk to us or to other people and not to take it all for themselves.

"cheer up! Everything will be okay" I told them.