Chapter 52: Dark

For the last performance I was already exhausted and everything I see is blurring and getting darker. I remained calm for a moment and closed my eyes. I deeply breathe in and out, then finally opened my eyes but I can't see a thing. This situation made me go in a state of panic and I was eventually can't breathe.

"JV~ Are you okay?" our manager immediately support me.

"I--- I'm okay~ I just can't breathe" I told her and she guide me to lie down on the floor.

"JV~ Are you okay?" the girls came to my side but our manager told them to keep distance to give me a space to breathe.

"You were just fine a while ago" Mina said.

I still can't see a thing and I was just relying on where the sound is coming from.

"It's okay if you rest and let us perform JV~" Bom said but I shake my head.

"I can perform, I can do it. I can still sing but I can't dance for now" I replied and they helped me sit down.

"We can place a chair in the middle and explain the situation to them later" Our manager said and everyone agreed.

They prepared the next stage and I called Bom for a second.

"Bom unnie~" I said and she came.

"I can't do this alone, I want to apologize first for bothering you" I told her and she grab my hand.

"You are our youngest, our leader and our everything. You can share me your burdens" Bom replied.

"Don't tell the others yet. Promise me you won't tell them" I told her.

"I promise" she said.

"Can you guide me to the chair later but don't make it obvious" I told her and she just laugh it out.

"Such a small condition. I can do that, it's not like you went blind" She joke around while she was looking at me but I kept silent.

"It's true?" She was confused now and I nod at her.

"It's just temporary for now, I don't know when it will come back but I will give you a heads up" I told her and smiled.

"Just wink with your left eye" she said but she immediately take it back.

"I must choose my words carefully, it must've sound insulting" Bom replied but I repeatedly shake my head.

"Does Sunghoon know?" she asked.

"He doesn't know yet... I want to keep it that way for now" I replied and she grabs my hand tightly.

"You should tell him sooner or later. He is your partner and you should handle this situation together" she advised.

"It is not that easy" I replied and as soon as we heard our cue, I hold on to her hand tightly and she guide me to the chair.

The crowd was confused but I explained it to them immediately.

"There's nothing serious happened, don't worry Nixes" I said and they accepted the reason just this time.

We performed everything and said our goodbyes, Bom was assisting me very quietly. We went back to the dressing room and Yuri visited me. I didn't let her notice my blindness but the first thing she did was to hug me.

"Unnie~~ I know you are a fighter and you can overcome everything because you have a lot of people by your side" she said while caressing my back. Both of us started crying and when someone knocked on the door, we just smiled and immediately wiped our tears.

"I'll recover" I said and let someone in.

"Oh~ Yuri-ssi" Mina said and they gave her a hug.

"Are you still unwell? We can cancel the photoshoot for today" Mina advised but I refused.

"Why would we cancel such important appointment. I am actually getting better" I replied and stood up.

"Are you sure?" Ara took a peek.

"Yeah~ No Problem!" I told them and turned around.

"You guys should go first, I'll wait for her after talking to Yuri" Bom said and I smiled. We waited for them to go out and the three of us were the only ones here.

"You two know something that we must keep at all cost" I told them and find my chair on my own.

"Does unnie know?" Yuri asked.

"Not that but, you two know something different. Yuri you must not tell anyone not even Unnie Bom" I told her and I think Bom was confused.

"Okayyy~" Yuri said and she grab my hand again.

"I'm a bit of a daze. What's happening? There's something everyone must not know?" Bom asked.

"It's better that way" I replied smiling at her.

"Let's go? You can hold my arm" Bom said.

"Have you lost your eyesight unnie?" Yuri said while I felt her hands on my shoulders.

I nod and she started crying again.

"Why are you crying? It's not like the lost of my vision will be the death of me" I told her and hold her shoulders which made her cry again.

"Don't say that your dying unnie" She said and I find her eyes and wipe her tears.

"No one's dying~ Okay? Why would I die?" I joke to calm her down.

"Stop crying now... If someone bullies you again then do not hesitate to call and I will come dashing to save you" I ruined her hair while I was smiling at her

"That was the words of Yuna before" she said while she continue to cry.

After calming her down we just treated her one last goodbye and went to our next schedule. Bom was guiding me by whispering where should I look or she never left my side for the whole day. It was a hassle in the set but because of Bom I manage to escape from speculation.

"Is there something wrong with you?" Jaemin asked.

"Why did you say that? I'm perfectly normal" I replied and force to smile.

"You were in a state of disaster in the set a while ago. You always tell us what pose is better or what should we do but Bom unnie always stick around with you and whisper everything you do" Jaemin explained which Bom whispered that everyone was looking at me. I want to be unnoticed but eventually, I failed