The Price Of Power

Me and Adora are asleep, til I feel a dark presence in our room.

To make sure the indruder can't see that I'm awake I carefully tap the blonde's shoulder, but once I realize that it doesn't work, I resort to shaking her slightly.

I see her fluttering her eyes open.
"Adora, there's someone here. I can feel their presence." I whisper as quietly as possible.

"What?" she asks confused.

"Someone's here. In our room. I can feel it."

Suddenly Adora jolts up and pulls out a knife from under her pillow and aims it at the shadow.

"Adora..." the old voice calls out.
"Shadow Weaver..?" me and Adora say in unison.

The old woman falls to the floor and lays there.

"Y/n, go get Angella!" she tells me.
"On it!" I run to the Queen's room, not bothering to change.

"Your majesty! Shadow Weaver is in our room!" I start to freak out.
The Queen quickly sits up and asks,
"What?! How can that be?!"

"We don't know. But we need to know why before she does something." I explain

Morning time comes.

We're all dressed, still freaked out.
Me, Bow, Adora and Glimmer all start to walk down the hall where Angella and Castaspella are.

"This is the prison?" Adora asks.

"Yes, it's the prison." the Queen answers frustrated.

"Your Majesty, we know Shadow Weaver. Y/n and I know her tricks. We need to be there for the interrogation, we're the only ones who-" the blonde gets interrupted.
"Shadow Weaver is dangerous. I will not let that woman near you."

"Near any of you. You are to stay away from this room."

"But, Your Majesty-" I get cut off.
"That is final."

The Queen and Castaspella walk into the 'prison'.

"I need to get in there. Shadow Weaver could have gone anywhere, but she came here. I need to know why."

"If the queen would just listen to me-"

"Adora, maybe this is for the best." Bow says.

"Shadow Weaver raised you two. She knows how to get in your head." Glimmer tries to convince us.
"We can't risk her manipulating you."

"That won't happen." I spat coldly.

Adora then fake yawns and says,
"Fine. I guess we should all just head back to bed, get some sleep, heh, let the obviously unqualified Brightmoon guards handle this."

"Youre gonna try to sneak in, aren't you?" the archer asks.
"What? No.."
She then walks off and bolts back towards the 'prison'.

"No!" Glimmer shouts as she teleports them both to her room.

After hours of Adora trying to sneak past the guards, break in, etc., etc. They teleport in back AGAIN.

"Look, I told you, I just need to talk to her." the blonde tries to reason with the princess.
"Ugh, Adora, Shadow Weaver will try to hurt you again." Glimmer argues back.
"You don't know that." I step in.

"Yes, I do. She's from the Horde. She's evil. Evil people don't change!"

"Both of us are from the Horde. We changed." Adora says.
"That's different. You're not like them! You're good, and kind, and-" Bow gets interrupted by me,
"And She-Ra?"