Fractures

Adora called a meeting as soon as we got back.

We played a simulation of what could happen to Etheria if the Heart of Etheria got set off.

"That's really going to happen? To Etheria? To-- To us?" Perfuma asks.

"The Heart of Etheria nearly destroyed everyone in Mara's time. And it's gotten stronger, more volatile over the centuries. If it goes off now...We have to make sure it never goes off again."

Mermista groans.

Frosta starts speaking,
"So, how do we stop it?"

A dark presence enters the room.

"Stop it? The real question is how do you intend to use this to your advantage?" Shadow Weaver speaks.

"We're not going to use it. You saw the simulation. We have to disable it, unless you want to kill us. Tampering with it could kill us. Could kill me." I reply.

"And throw away such power? Perhaps the First Ones were fools for storing so much raw energy at the heart of the planet. But now that it's there..."

Glimmer starts speaking as well,
"What if there was a way to channel that magic ourselves?"

The old witch started to talk again,
"The princesses are powerful, but with that magic they would be unstoppable."

"We'd be supercharged. We could take down the Horde."

"Are you seriously considering this? You heard Bow and Y/n. It's an unstable superweapon. Tampering with it is way too dangerous." Adora says angrily.

"Dangerous? Every day, the Horde claims more territory. We're running out of options. So I say we get Light Hope to tell us how it works, and take our power back." Glimmer turns on a map of the territory the Horde has claimed.

"All she wants is to set the weapon off. Are you even listening to us?" Adora looks at Glimmer.

"Okay. Five-minute break." Bow holds up five fingers.

We got back to working.

It's been hours.

We still haven tfigred anything out.

Mermista keeps replaying the simulation.

Frosta yawns.

And Perfuma looks anxious.

"I know we've lost a lot, but we can't--" the archer gets cut off by Glimmer.

"Lost a lot? Elberon, Thaymor, Alwyn, Salineas. We've lost almost everything. This magic is the only thing that can help us save everyone."

Perfuma makes a flower and starts ripping its petals off.

"Use the scary magical energy. Don't use the scary magical energy."

Frosta shouts as she wakes up.

"Maybe we should continue this in the morning? Not that I'm up past my bedtime. I don't have a bedtime. I can go to bed whenever I want."

Mermista slams her hands down, turning off the holograms.

"Or we can just decide right now. I'll do whatever it takes to get my kingdom back. I say we use the magic."

Perfuma winces,
"Oh, it's so dangerous. What if it goes off in the process? Oh, I don't know. Just come back to me. Use the scary magic or don't use the scary magic."

"How come I still don't have a chair even though the new person does?" Swift Wind complains.

"Oh, no. I'm sitting on Emily."