Chapter 24

Jennifer

I was lost for words. He stood there,in all his high glory. "Move," I demanded. "Why should I, shouldn't it be you who moves," Niall stated, quirking up an eyebrow. "Sorry Alpha," I mumbled and made a quick bow. I stepped to the side, allowing him to pass.

"Well?" I asked him when he did not move. He stayed silent, eyeing me head to toe. I huffed and moved forward. "Idiot," I mumbled quietly, keeping my head low. And, of course, curse our werewolf hearing, but at the same time, thank the moon goddess. He heard me. "What?" He growled. "I said, you're an idiot. Why would anyone want to be your mate anyway?" I blurted. I slapped a hand over my mouth, regretting the things I said.

His eyes turned black, his wolf was surfacing. Run, Shar warned me (a/n: her wolf). I took off, feeling the back of my head throb.

What the hell? Why is my head hurting Shar?

She doesn't answer. Leaving utter silence. It just felt like I was talking to myself. He was gaining, and I was honestly surprised. He would've catches up by now. The crowd turned to watch the show, of where the Alpha chases after a girl. Why that sounds so cheesy. Hehe, no. The opposite.

I felt a new wind of energy blow at my legs. It pushed me faster into the woods. "Niall!" I heard someone call. Niall's father called for him, but the presence behind me didn't seem to stop. So, I shifted.

I can't control him and be aware, I'm not fully your wolf yet, Shar warned.

I heard the ripping of clothes and a growl ripped through the forest, silencing the sounds that it made. A shadow leaped above me and landed in front of me.

I couldn't stop, so I panicked. I tried to slide to a stop, but ended up failing and topple over the wolf. Niall, to be exact. And, there just had to be a hill, right there. So, we rolled down. His scent calmed my nerves down, of the fact that we might possibly die.

Niall wrapped himself around me, almost in a protective way. Finally, at the bottom we were. We panted, our breathing sounded like a dying dog. I lifted a paw forward, trying to get up, but he held me down. He stood over me, snarling. His breathing more steady.

Then, he shifted back. Right in front- well more like on top of me. "Shift," he commanded me. I bit back a growl, but did as he said. "Apologize," he simply said. I laughed at this and said, "that's it? That was all you wanted? For me to apologize? Well, I'm sorry for what I said and I'm sorry for ruining your night."

He thought for a moment, as if he were study my words. "First of all, that's not all I want from you, and secondly, decent," he nodded his head and got off of me.

I waited a few more minutes so he can go away and get dressed. "What are you still doing down there? Getting a death wish?" His tone full of amusement. I groan and asked, "are you done getting dressed then?"

"Oh, yeah." I sat up, and looked at him. He was in some shorts and his tasty abs came into view. He jerked his head towards me, "shh," he whispered cautiously.

What? I said through my expressions. I didn't have the mind link because he ripped apart the mate link and I was never fully introduced as to one of their pack member.

All he did was put his index finger on his lips and looked around. I used my werewolf hearing- now this is the part where I needed my hearing the most- and listened for any sound.

I looked around, and I caught it. It had clumps of dirt stuck to his fur, dried blood made his shaggy coat even dirtier. It made a growl and shakily took a step forward.

Niall growled loudly, almost sending it back to where it came from. Almost. It snarled and snapped. It's blood shot eyes stared at us hungrily. Maybe I shouldn't have skipped training.

The wolf jumped forward, sending me jumping off on my side. Niall still stood there, waiting for the impact. It all seemed like a slow motion movie. The wolf landed onto Niall and Niall skidded back by at least five feet. Niall jumped and shifted in mid air, attacking the wolf down, making it whimper in pain as Niall landed and crushed it's ribs.

I stared helpless, making sure Niall did not get hurt. Then, three other wolves came crawling out of the trees. This reminded me of that incident. The two helped the dirty wolf out with Niall as the third one came towards me.

This all feels so familiar. It darted towards me and I managed to move to the side in time. Breathing heavily, I ran. I ran, knowing Shar was still getting rest. I heard the paws running after me. I managed to trip on a stick and tumble down the path, ripping my dress and creating scars on my body. I didn't stop. As soon as I stopped rolling, I got up and kept on running. Surely someone would've noticed the Alpha and the weird girl missing. 

Hot breaths hit my back and I landed on the ground, my face smothered into the dirt and leaves. Let me take over, I can do it, Shar said. But I protested. No, I can do it. I hesitated, but agreed. My bones clicked into place, making the rogue wolf jump back. I got up and growled softly. I slowly let Shar take control, and I sat in the back of my head waiting for Shar to do something.

She made us tackle the rogue down and bit it's neck. Shar pulled harshly, ripping it's skin off. It howled in pain and kicked us off. The wolf then pushed us down and claw at our ribs. Shar cried out, struggling to breath. She raised our paw and dug it into the rogues wound. It gasped in pain and jerked off. Blood had spilled in the forest.

But we pushed forward, demanding power. We smashed ourselves into the rogue and jumped on it. We clawed at it's stomach, making his organs spill. Somehow, Shar growled loudly, shaking the whole forest. She bit down on the wolf's neck and snapped it off.

We got off of the bloody wolf and wobbled back to Niall. But his bloody wolf form already stood there watching our every move. Shar slowly let me take over again, but I was to tired, and so I collapsed.

******** ********

A/N Hoped ya'll liked this chapter! I kinda rushed it, but what did you think of Shar? (Jenny's wolf, if you forgot). They were always powerful inside and out.
It seemed like I wrote a lot but in real life, three sentences.
Haha, have a wonder day! Lub you!

XOXO- Qutedimond