Chapter 4

Niall's POV
I don't know what just happened. One minute, I was rejecting a human and the next, I was apologizing to her. I never apologize, ever.

I don't know what came over me. The mate bond is really forcing me to go back to her. And unsurprisingly, my wolf also. I block him out every now and then.

I got into my car and drove in silence until I set eyes on my 'mate'. She was walking.

Go, take her home in the car, my wolf said.

No! Why!?

She is our freaking mate, bro! If you don't, I will hurt your balls!

You do realize your hurting yourself too right? I replied.

I shut out the connection and decided to just do what my wolf says. Also that stupid mate connection keeps on pulling me towards her I can't deny it. Well, I could but...

I drove up to her and rolled the windows down. She stopped and looked at me curiously. I popped my head up at her from the window.

"Want a lift?" Wow nice move. She shook her head.

"Get in the car." Well, I asked her but now my wolf was persuading me to get her inside and drive her home. She again shook her head and bam. I get everything I want!

I held in my anger, be careful not to growl at a human. "I said GET. IN. THE. CAR," a little harsh but my wolf made me do it, and when I ask and someone denies... they die.

Jennifer's POV
We drove silently down towards my house. Total silence, besides the fact that Niall was drumming his fingers against the steering wheel. For a split second, something stirred inside of me. As fast as it came, it was gone. My heart thumping fast. The last time that happened was when I was younger.

Of course I was never able to shift, but everyone said it hurt more than shit. The women I mean. Men barely feel a thing. I wanted the stirring to happen again, to see if she was really there. Still there, anyway.

"So, why don't you have a car? What grade are you in?" He spoke the silence out.

"I don't have a car because my parents think I'm to young for one and I'm in 11th grade, turning 17," I quickly added "Why do you care anyway? So bipolar," I whispered the last part, but I'm sure he heard me with his werewolf hearing and all.

"Don't question me!" He shot back.

"Just because your an-" I stopped myself, "uh... a guy, doesn't mean you get to treat a girl that way." Nice cover. I mentally sweat. 

"Well I'm sorry... blah blah blah... let's get a move on," he drove a little faster this time.

We swerved and at the same time a speeding car speed fast our car. Quickly, Niall pushed on the brake and we screeched side ways. The car flipping in the process. Niall pulled me into him, sending shocks that spread happily throughout my body. He wrapped protective arms around me and held on tight.

The car came to a halt. Yes, we were flipped and apparently can't get down. Niall had also seat belted us in. He slowly unbuckled. His other hand around me and it also reaching out to grab onto something so we won't land with a thud.

"Are you okay?" He asked looking at me checking for injuries when we were on the ground again. I nod my head and Niall kicked the door open with his Alpha strength.

We both climbed out. Red and blue lights flashed in the air and the sirens wailed. They all came dashing at us from the bottom of the hill. They asked us if we were okay or what happened and if we injured anywhere.

My dad came racing in his car at the hospital I was staying at to treat my cuts. It wasn't very deep, but there was quite a few that was, from the flying glass.

"Honey, are you okay?" My dad pushed through the doors. He looked at me head to toes.

"Why were you in a car?" My dad gave me a look that meant business.

"Um... a friend wanted to give me a lift," I replied. Fact, besides the friend part.

"That's one reason you don't have a car," my dad shook his head and looked down.

A few hours pasted by. Knowing Niall, he would go to the pack doctor. To be on the safe side, I have to ask him anyway.

"Hello miss," a nurse came in with clipboards in her hands.

"You can go to school tomorrow, but you will have to tell the nurse about having this prescript medicine taken after lunch," she handed me the bottle and my dad walked to my side. "Your stomach might not be able to take up too much food after the jerking of the car," she continued. 

"Here is the note that you will give to him or her," she then handed me a paper and left.

*The next day*

I woke up and stretched my aching muscles. I walked to my bathroom, locked the door and slowly took off my clothes. I also took off the bandages and pulled out fresh packs for after the shower.

The hot water hit my head and washed off the dried up blood on my skin and instantly relaxed my muscles. I scratched my strawberry scented shampoo into my hair and rubbed the same scented body wash on me, carefully avoiding the cuts.

I stepped out of the shower and replaced the bandages on my cuts and got dressed. I can't really do anything about the small cut on my right cheek, but I rubbed Bacitracin on it. Niall didn't see it because he was facing my left side. If he saw it, who knows.

I put on some long sleeved shirt and dark washed jeans. Just to cover up some cuts. I ran a brush through my hair and blow dried it. I pulled it up into a high pony tail and grabbed my phone and meds.

I made my way downstairs, only to be stopped by a hug from Liam. "Can't breathe," I mumbled into his shirt and he laughed, but let go. He replaced his cheery face aside and pulled out his serious face.

"Who put you in danger? Your still only human. You could've died!" He put his hands on my shoulders and shook me.

"Well I didn't and it wasn't my friends driving, it was this crazy person," I felt kinda weird saying Niall as my friend, but he did reject me after all.

My brother sighed and I continued my way downstairs again, but was also stopped by a crushing hug. I looked at my mother as she sobbed in my arms. 

"You could've died!" Here we go again.

"Well I didn't, see look I'm still here," I say pointing to myself.

My mom rolled her eyes and wiped her tears and followed me to the kitchen. I grabbed a light snack and a water bottle, to take my meds. I kissed my mom goodbye while my dad insist on driving me. The professional that he is.

We arrived at school and I had to kiss him goodbye. It was good that Niall didn't go to the hospital or he would know my dad is a werewolf. Don't want him knowing that just yet.

I walked in and made my way to the nurses office. Everyone is very cautious and confused of me because I'm the only human there. I saw a few looking at my cut on the right cheek.

I arrived and walked in and handed her the meds and the note. She took it gratefully and I walked to my locker. I then, made my way to 1st hour.

Niall walked up to me and smiled. I smiled back. Maybe even if he rejected me, we could still be friends. I again felt something stirred against me. Then it was gone. Niall looked at me and then looked at my cheeks.

"I thought you said you were fine," he said through his clenched teeth.

"I am fine its only a couple of cuts-" I was cut short by a low growl. Then it was quickly cut off. I gasped, surprised at the sudden sound. 

"A couple of cuts?" He asked. I slowly nodded my head and excused myself for first hour.

Wrong choice of words.
********
A/N I keep wanting to continue but I needed to publish but more is coming your way! Hope you loved it. I haven't really checked to see if I messed anything out, but if there is something wrong in the sentence try to put a word that best fits! See ya later!!! Don't forget to vote, comment, follow!
-Qutedimond