Chapter 25

Jennifer

I heard clanking. I couldn't open my eyes, but I knew I was somewhere else. Not hell. Not heaven, but in a hospital. I felt something stir to my left and I forcefully lifted my eyes open. The bright room made me squint- like always- because of the sun reflecting off the white walls. 

I sat up straighter, but in the process, I sprained my neck. "Ow," I mumble holding the back of my neck. When my eyes finally adjusted, I looked to my left and watched as a dark head turned to the other side. Niall held my hands, causing tiny tingles to spread throughout my arms. I sigh and detached my hand away from his.

Did he take me here? Most likely, I mean we were the only ones there. I took a look at the gash on my side. My shirt was already half way up to my abdomen. There was a bandage with blood seeping through it. My head started throbbing and I held it, placing my head back onto the pillow.

A groaning sound made me jump slightly. Niall's head popped up and he, too, held his. He yawned and stretched causing me to giggle and stop him mid- way. I slapped a hand over my mouth to stop from laughing. He continued to stretch and then got back to laying his head down on the mattress.

"Have a good rest?" He asked me. "Yeah, but my head hurts," I reply, pouting. "Oh yeah, here," he got some medicine that was laying on the table next to me and grabbed a water bottle, "Doc said to give you this and this." I took the medicine and swallowed it down and the water followed. "Thank you," I said, then handed him the bottle.

The silence grew within us, so he spiked up a conversation. "How'd you manage to do that?" Is he doubting me? "Oh, um, I kinda let my wolf take over and she defeated the rogue," I answered nervously. "Shouldn't you be, like, um, doing your Alpha work?" I asked, just to get him away from me. "No, well not yet, I just wanted to make sure you were okay first," he nervously said.

The silence engulfed us again. So we sat. From the corner of my eye, I saw Niall staring at me. I decided to wait, just so he could turn and look at something else. When he didn't, I said, "take a picture it will last longer." I know, just wanted to say it, plus it was making me uncomfortable. Niall blinked and smiled sheepishly.

"Sorry, um, I'm gonna go since you seem fine now," he wheezed out. He abruptly stood up and picked up the chair he was sitting in. Putting it in the corner, he walked to the door and waved. I waved back slowly until he was out of the door. I heard mumbles outside of the door and the door opened. It revealed a young women in a her lab coat. "Jennifer, right?" She confidently said. I nod my head in confirmation. "Okay, let's get started."

******** ⚓ ********

I had finally just gotten out of the hospital wing and was now eating ice cream with Xavier. All Doctor Faith did was check me up. All will be fine, I hope. The bite hadn't struck anything vital and I would have to get some healing cream from the wolf pharmacy (down the hall).

I licked the ice cream, letting the coldness slip down my throat. I held the ice cream cone up to my face to get a bite of it, until it went flying into my face. I gasp in surprised at the quick action. Xavier laughed beside me, so I hit him. "It's not funny!" He only continued laughing and handed me a napkin. I wiped my face and threw it back at Xavier.

******** ⚓ ******** Niall

I rushed out of the room, only to catch her wave back at me, but I had already closed the door. Doctor Faith rounded the corner and said, "good morning Alpha." I nod at her and continued down the hall. I stepped outside of the pack house and breathed in the morning breeze.

My heart clenched at the last look she gave me, before I had closed the door. I'm not brave. If I bring this pack down, she would not be going down with me. What I mean is that- if, this pack does ever fall, they would not treat her with disrespect, as they would treat me.

I admit my failures, just not out loud. But, I would admit them to my mate, if I ever wanted to. Never, not even to my wolf. Even if he could be listening right now, he can't make me surrender to him.

I'm not the smartest, I'm not the strongest, I'm not anything close to a mate. I shouldn't even be an Alpha. I should've stepped down for the Alpha position. I am a weak monster, that could also tear down a forest. That, I would only be able to do, just for her.

******** ⚓ ******** Jennifer

The weekend was over and it was time to go back to school. I quickly got ready and rubbed the ointment on my ribs. My werewolf healing was lacking. I groan as I sat up and stretched. I ran down the stairs. Oh, did I mention that my parents were out of town? They left right before the 'celebration' started. My grandparents were with them to get dropped off.

"Jen?!" Jim yelled. "What?" I said as I walked into the kitchen. "Oh, um, since Liam and his mate is going somewhere he wanted you to take me to school," he explained. "Mate?" Jim nodded his head and put his cereal bowl in the sink. I rolled my eyes and grabbed a orange cream yogurt can. I quickly ate up the yogurt and motioned for Jim to hurry. He grabbed his backpack and put his shoes on.

We both climbed into my car and buckled in. I started the engine and drove to his elementary school. Next school year, I would go into my senior year, Liam would go to college, and Jim would go to fourth grade. We're growing so old. Hopefully Jim or his mate would not reject each other. I would kill Jim. And I heard that Liam found his mate... I hummed to myself.

When we finally arrived at West Lakes Elementary School, Jim hopped out. He did a quick wave and entered the building. Looking at the time, I cursed under my breath and sped up to my school.

I parked my car and jumped out of the car. I locked the door and ran to the doors. As I walked in, the halls were already clearing. And finally, the bell rang.

"Well, since the bell already rang, I'm just gonna walk to my locker."

I looked around the halls searching for the voice that spoke. Behind me, Celeste stood by the school doors with a smirk plastered onto her face.

"Hello darling," she said, then she took a step forward. I stood my ground, waiting for her to get closer so I could punch her face out.

"You must get to class, don't want to start a fight here," Celeste waved a hand, as if she was dismissing me.

I turned around and slowly walked away from her. I heard light steps hitting the floor. I jerked my head back behind me just in time.

Celeste was in the air, towering over me with a blade in her hand. I twisted over to the side and watched as she fell in a crouch position. A snarl left her lips and she lunged for me again.

The blade was in front of me and everything was in slow motion again. So, I took the blade out of her hands and jumped up to push her down. As I came in contact with her body, I came back into reality. 

I toppled over her with the blade in my hand. I was about to pierce it into her, but I held back. What was I doing?

I got off of her and dropped the blade. Then, I ran up the stairs to my locker, hoping I would never try that again.

******** ⚓ ********

At the end of the day, I still couldn't get the image out of my head. Dylan came up to me and snapped in my face. I flinched and glared at him.

"What?" I asked him. "You're zoning out again," he sighed. "Jen, if this relationship is going to work, you have to pay attention," he huffed and then pouted. "I know, sorry," I played along. I put a hand on his shoulder in a caring way. Then, my hand made contact with his head. I had smacked Dylan on his head.

"Oww, what was that for?" He rubbed his head making me smirk. "Oh, nothing," I batted my eyelashes innocently. He growled lowly and walked away crossing his arms. Such a baby.

I went home after picking Jim up from school. I put on a tank top and some shorts with my Nike. I pulled my hair up into a ponytail and grabbed my iPod and earphones. I put extra clothes and hair ties in my bag with my iPod.

Hooking it over my shoulder, I called to Jim, "Jim! I'm going to training! Foods in the fridge, you better heat it up and eat it!" Jim yelled an okay back and I heard a door slam shut.

Here we go.

******** ⚓ ********
A/N Thanks for reading! Hope you love it. Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow for more stories.

Lub you!

XOXO- Qutedimond