Chapter 11: Stop Thinking

Picture of the dress Ali's wearing on the side.

Ali ~

"That dress is... amazing." Billie said as I turned to look at the back of the midnight blue, sheer top taffeta dress that came mid thigh and flared out a bit. The dress was in fact amazing and the best thing we came across since stepping foot in the mall. We went through three different stores and nothing caught my eye until now.

"I like the color." I smiled grabbing the price tag to see how much. "Oh my God!"

"What? Is it on sale!" Billie smiled.

"Billie, this thing cost five hundred dollars!"

"So."

"It's too much, too expensive for just a dress. Marcus will freak out if I get something that cost this, its insane!"  I rambled on and she just had an are you serious look on her face.

"Hurry and get this thing off me before I rip it or something crazy happens to it!" I said reaching for the zipper barely touching it when Billie slapped my hands away.

"Girl, get ahold of yourself! Marcus ain't gonna care if you spend five hundred dollars; he won't care if you spend five hundred thousand dollars right now." Billie said with a shrug.

"What?"

"Our family is filthy rich. Just last year, Marcus bought three Aston Martins in three different colors. He came to Chicago in his private jet and bought the Buick just to blend. You're at the tip of the freaking iceberg with this dress. Being Marcus's mate means you always come first in his life, Ali."

"Wow, I don't know what to say, what to think..."

"Stop thinking and let Marcus spoil his mate." Billie smiled and I smiled nodding.

We bought the dress and a cute pair of black ankle boot heels to go along with. Stopping in the food court, Billie  went to get some lunch and now seemed like a good time to call Dashawn.

I haven't talked to him in two days and that was weird. Not to mention him running off at lunch the way he did. Something had to be bothering him and I wanted to know. I mean, he'll do the same for me when he could tell something was wrong with me, the least I could do was the same.

I scolled along the touchscreen phone that Marcus brought for me a few weeks back. He wanted me to have a more reliable phone without worrying about running out of minutes and weak signals my old phone had.

I found Dashawn's number and called hearing the ring a few times before he picked up.

"Hello?" he said through a long yawn.

"Hey Dashawn, its Ali."

"Hey, what's up?"

"Nothing much, we haven't talked since Thursday and I thought I should check up on you." I said biting my lip some. There was a pause before he spoke again.

"I'm fine..." he said.

"You sure, because the way you ran off the other day was like you saw a ghost." as soon as I said that, Naveen apeared sitting next to me causing my to jump slightly. "Oh my god!"

"What, whats wrong?" Dashawn asked.

"Nothing just answer the question." I said looking around seeing if anyone saw Naveen just come from nowhere.

"I told you, no one can see me but you." Naveen said leaning back in the chair.

"I had some bad eggs at breakfast, Ali." Dashawn said.