Chapter 7: Early Childhood

Picture's description in chapter.

Marcus ~

Flashback ~

"I can't do it!" I growled. Tears hitting the concrete floor, my eyes blurry but a saw my father's shiny black shoes a few feet ahead of me.

"Concentrate son, lycans are able to shift at age ten." he said walking circles around me. "Listen to your lycan."

"I can't hear him..."

"John!" my head snapped up seeing my mother slam the door open, the cement wall cracked behind it. She  marched right up to my father. He was a lot taller then her but her furry was something to really fear.

"What do you want, woman." He sneered at her. She hissed, smacking him making his head turn. He laughed...

"You speak to me with respect! This... this dungeon you have my son in is no place for him to shift!"

"You know nothing of our kind, our species."

"I know enough." she whispered taking my hand pulling me out the concrete room.

We were outside, in the forest grounds of the territory.

The green grass was soft on my feet, not like the cold concrete floor.

"Julian, look at me," she said calling my middle namea she given me. "I'm sorry for what you saw... NEVER, put your hands on a girl. Mommy was out of line hitting daddy." she spoke softly. She grabbed my hands and smiled. "Moy sladkiy mal'chik" (My sweet boy.) she spoke that language she called Russian.

"YA lyublyu tebya mamochka" (I love you mommy.) I spoke back.

"Mommy loves you too, Julian."

End of Flashback ~

"Marcus, are you paying attention?" the teacher asked.

"Yeah, yeah..." I waved her off whipping my mouth from the memory...

"Oh really, so I can trust that you were listening the whole time?" she said.

"I don't see why not." I smirked.

"Well then, tell me why did the Cold War happen between Russia and America?" she smirked, her thoughts saying I wasn't paying attention and that I won't know.

"The answer is obvious, it was all about power struggle. The United States and the Soviet Union were uneasy allies to begin with; their collaboration was really the result of a mutual fear that the Nazis would gain control over Europe, not based on any ideological commonality.

Consequently, after the war was over with Hitler being dead, there was no longer any threat, nothing else to fear and the restructuring of Europe then began. The power struggle developed between the Soviet Union who wanted Germany to be Communist and the United States and Britain who wanted democratic rule. However, you shouldn't make the assumption that devotion to ideology was all that was behind Cold War but I do find it odd that you'll ask about the Cold War when you're teaching about the American Revolution."

"Uh... very g- good Marcus... I was just testing... you." she said sounding defeated.

Some girl tapped my shoulder making me glance back.

"Hey, I like smart guys. You think we could go out some time and... 'study' together." she said licking her nasty thin lips. Her breath reek of shit and spearmint gum, which I didn't know was possible.