Chapter 21: Ready

Chapter 21: Ready

Ali ~

With Marcus following close behind me, the conversation with Constance ran through my mind like a bullet through the brain.

"Mates have this terrible tendency to... take over the human form. Let's say, you and my son haven't mated in a long time, sooner or later, his beast will take over the same time you go into heat. No one will be able to stop and think clearly..."

I never want to put Marcus in that kind of position...

"Hey, what's wrong." Marcus asked as we entered the hall outside the ballroom. I frowned biting my lip nervously trying to find the words. "Tell me what's-"

"I'm ready." I said cutting him off. He frowned a bit turning his head to the right a bit.

"What?"

"I'm... I'm ready. Marcus, I ready. I want to mate with you." I said looking him in the eyes.

"Ali..."

"No, no I am. I'm ready Marcus. I really am. I want to do it tonight." I said hugging him.

"Ali are you really sure about this. I told you the spiritual and emotional bonding mating involves... its not just sex. Once we mate, I'll be able to enter your dreams and read your memories and you'll be able to do the same." Marcus said wrapping around me nestling his face in my neck and shoulder. "I want your first time to be memorable... special." he whispers.

"I'll always remember it because its with you. I can't even imagine being with someone else." Marcus release a deep growl at the thought. I hugged him tighter burying my face in his chest. "It doesn't have to be with scented candles or soft music, as long as I'm with you." I said as he pulled away slightly but rest our foreheads together. He looked into my eyes and smiled. I smiled back letting my arms hang over his shoulders as my fingers lightly played with his hair, loving how it tickled my fingertips. "I'm ready." I smiled as he silenced me with a tender kiss.

"Baby, I heard you the first time." he laughed just as the double doors to the ballroom opened up.

"Son, they're ready to meet their new Alpha King and Luna Queen." Marcus nodded wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Before I introduced you to the pack, Ali, this is my father. Dad... this is my mate, Ali." Marcus smiled looking at me in adoration.

"Its nice meet you, uh Mr. Anthony." I smiled.

"Its a pleasure to meet such a beautiful girl like yourself. I see that you're truly making Marcus very happy." he smiled and oh God, I see where Marcus gets his charm from. "Welcome to the family." he said.

Marcus ~

Pulling out Ali's chair at the head table, only one thought shot through my head. Nor me or my lycan couldn't wait to get her upstairs. I saw it in her eyes that she was truly ready. This wasn't any kind of peer pressure or the talk she had with my mom, though I heard the whole conversation...

The weird thing about it was that I couldn't read Ali's mind during. It was like some type of firewall blocking me out. If she were a wolf without unknowingly, she wouldn't know how to block someone. If she were a wolf she would have shifted by now but then again there is such thing as late shifters, I should know.

~You're thinking too much, Marcus. She's wants us to mate her!

~That's all you think about.

~I am a lycanthrope, mating is life.

I mentally rolled my eyes at him taking a seat next to my mate with my hand on her lap under the table. I smirked as she flinched slightly then relaxed knowing it was me. I glanced over to her but my smile dropped seeing some kind of silvery markings on hair neck. It sparkled in between her hair and almost appeared like she was wearing earrings. My eyes narrowed locking in on it but before I could get a closer look, Ali ranked her fingers through her hair covering it. She turned to me and smiled sweetly.