Chapter 12: Things Take Time

No picture for this chapter.

I watched hesitantly as my mom ate her dinner that they served, mac-n-cheese, mashed potatoes with gravy, steamed broccoli and a milk on the side. She looled... good, the doctor said that her vitals were looking remarkably better than they ever did. Almost like she had gotten an energy boast over night.

"Ali."

"Y- Yes momma?" I said looking at her. Ready to get her anything she might want.

"Who's that?" she whispered nodding her head over to Marcus who stood by the window. I turned to look at him, I knew he could hear us if he really wanted to.

"That's my boyfriend, momma." I smiled.

"Boyfriend? Well damn, did you fuck up and get pregnant while I was out cold!?"

"No!"

"Ya got married? Where's the ring?"

"Momma its not like that! He's just my boyfriend, I'm ok, I'm not pregnant." I said feeling a blush coming.

"You know I'm just teasing Alison, he looks like a fine young man." she smiled sipping some of her milk.

"W- what did you say?" I asked stunned.

"He looks like a fine young man?"

"No, before that... you said Alison, you haven't called me Alison since daddy..." I stopped to breath a little. Momma's hand went over mine making me jump a little.

"Alison, I know I haven't been there for you like I should have been as your mother. I know I made a lot of mistakes and put you in situations no mother should ever put her daughter and I am so sorry. I'm sorry for every time I hit you, every time I brought beer and drugs into the house and making you suffer through it all."

"Really momma, s- so you're gonna stop and change?"

"All for you, I'm gonna get my life together and get a job. We're gonna get a better house and its just gonna be us, ok?" she smiled.

"Wait momma, I um..." I choked thinking about the whole California thing with Marcus.

"What is it?"

"Uh, since you been in a coma, Marcus, asked me to move in with him and he's been so nice and kind to me I said yes. He lives in California..." I muttered.

"Absolutely not."

"But momma,"

"No. Alison, no. You're too young to be moving in with no boy by yourself and playing house."

"But Billie will be there."

"I don't care if the president and bugs bunny will be there, no."

"I'm almost eighteen!"

"Alison are you arguing with me?" she glared at me.

"Mrs. Brown, are you familiar with the Blood Moon Dynasty?" Marcus suddenly spoke up walking up behind me. In a instant, my momma's face paled slightly as she cleared her voice. She turned her head.

"I- I know about daddy." I said and she snapped her gaze at me then at Marcus.

"What do you know little girl, huh? You know me and ya daddy went to hell and back for you? Did you know your daddy damn near disrespected the Alpha and his sons defending your little ass?" she spat and Marcus growled making she gasped. At that moment, the nurse walked in to collect momma's dinner trey.