Chapter 31: Finder's Keepers: Part 1

"Marcus, I don't think this is safe." mom frowned.

"I don't really have a choice, we have zero leads as to where my mate is. He can find her a lot fast than us just sitting around questioning a junkie and Dashawn's dad. I don't have time for that." I said taking my shirt off.

"What if you lose control? The ZH-RM isn't stable for a transfusion. Who knows what could happen! Von could take over completely!" She said taking my hand.

"A risk I'm willing to take. If I have to lose myself to find Ali, then that's what I'm going to do." I said.

"Marcus, do take caution that you're allowing Von to come forth and he may be delirious and not recognize any of us." Naveen spoke. Mom recommend him being here to supervise the transactions. Said that since Eve created Von and him, that it'll be easier to communicate with Von through Naveen.

Victor or David, whatever he wants to call himself now, strapped me to the cushioned surgical table. He secure the straps with buckles and tighten it just a bit.

"Leo, Naveen, hold his wrists in place. I'm about to administer the ZH-RM." Victor announced coming at me with the needle. "You might experience some intense pain just remember to stay calm and don't fight Von for control." Victor said and then slowly injected Ali's blood into my veins.

I breathed and tried to relax when suddenly it felt like my soul was engulfed in flames. My lycan growled bringing my claws out.

"Hold him!" someone yelled out but I could tell who. I was seeing double before everything went black.

Daphne ~

I had just finished seeing my baby and Griffin in the pack's hospital. I could see the pain in his eyes. A mated pair can share intense pain as if they're being ripped apart.

Griffin was a good man and Billie is in good hands. Neither the Queen or Moon Goddess shall let her die so young when there's so much for her to do.

I heard that Marcus was in Dr. Victor's lab getting the intelligence on what is in Alison's blood. I never met the man but he's has to be good enough if Marcus puts the trust of Alison's life in his hands that night.

Nothing could have prepare me when I walked into the laboratory. Leo and another man who I never seen where holding Marcus down to a table.

"Oh my God, what's going on?!" I asked Constance as she bit her nail nervously.

"Daphne, close the door. Marcus is trying to seek out Von's help to find Ali." She said.

"Is he... he..." I froze. "That smell..." I said. Constance looked at me briefly.

"What smell?" she asked. My eyes widen as they met Dr. Victor's. My heart started beating rapidly feeling my lycan spell the magic word.

Mate she purred just as Marcus snarled and eyes snapped open. They were silver. He arched his back away from the table and twisted and turned his body trying to get free.

"Let me go!" he growled. Dr. Victor ripped his eyes away from me to focus on Marcus.

"Who am I speaking with?" Victor asked.

"I want John!" Marcus growled glaring at Victor.

"Its Von! We can't let him see John, he'll kill him." Constance said covering her heart with her hand. Marcus looked at her and frowned his brow.

"Constance..." Marcus mumbled.

"Von, please we need your help. Alison, your mate is missing." Constance said.

"The girl isn't my mate, she's Marcus's mate."

"She's Eve's daughter!" The guy next to Leo argued.

"And I'm a crusnik." Marcus said glaring at the guy.

"Who was chosen by Eve to protect Marcus now wouldn't she be very disappointed in her crusnik disobeying orders." The guy said. Marcus growled and took a deep breath in.

"The girl, she's somewhere in Texas. Untie me."

Patrick ~

"You did an excellent job Jason." dad smiled.

"Well you know." Jason smiled and I rolled my eyes.

"So what are you going to do to the girl?" I asked leaning against the bar in his office.

"Ah yes, you boys were only pups when I met a man named Hades."

"Wait, like the Greek God?" I raised a brow.

"Precisely, he had this amazing plan of giving this pack all the power in the world. All he wanted me to do was look after this girl until she reached eighteen."

"Why out of all people would Hades give us power?" I asked.

"Yeah and what's so special about Ali? She's just some weak human." Jason said.

"That's where you're wrong. It's all in her blood. A ounce of her blood could churn out millions maybe billions of grade A ecstasy pills that carries quit an unbelievable punch. It's what that idiot Rita overdosed on. Its a little side business I got going. I still have a pint of blood I took when she was thirteen."

"So what the hell would Hades want with Ali anyway, besides the blood?" I asked.

"You boys have so many questions. Honestly, I have no clue but come on. Its a fair trade, the girl for powers to do anything you want." dad said rubbing his hands together. This can't possibly be good.

We moved Ali to one of the vacant rooms upstairs. Dad said that she'll wake up any minute and to watch her.

"I hate babysitting." I sighed.

"I think dad is going crazy. You really think he met with Hades?"

"I don't know what the hell to think anymore." I said. I glanced over at Ali on the bed. "She is pretty hot."

"Dude, seriously?"

"Calm down I'm just saying." I said. Suddenly, the lights flickered a little.

"Electrical shortage?" Jason asked looking at the lights.

"Yeah..." I said looking over at Ali again.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Author Note: It's a short chapter by I know you guys have been going crazy for the next update. I been working on a new addition to the Monster Lover Series and hopefully I'll upload it in a few months, that is the reason why updates for both The Lycan and Haze has been slow.

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE