Chapter 29: Fox In The Henhouse

New picture of Marcus on the side.

Constance ~

My son and the other men had been fighting for over an hour now. Lyrica had left for the kitchen wanting snacks. Billie sat still glaring at the poor woman while Daphne dabbed Ali's forehead with a wet cooling towel. I sighed, I had sent my servants home to Russia as to not cause any incidents with the lycans. That's the last thing I want to deal with. I was more focused of Ali and my son. Von was surely taking over his body minute by minute and Ali was losing blood every time she aloud him to feed, disregarding my previous orders not to.

Now you might be asking, why don't Von feed on someone else or what makes Ali's blood so special? Well, if she is what I think she is then that will make her blood very potent and hallucinogenic among every and any supernatural creature. A drug if you will. One drop could heal you just like that but too much could possibly kill you or have you paralyzed. Glancing down at Ali, I wondered about her. If she was the cause for the war. If she was if fact Eve's daughter. If she really carried this sinfully magic blood in her veins...

Von, being the opportunist he is feeds when it's available. I wouldn't say that he's evil. He's angry and powerful. Anger and power never mix well.

Just then, the door nob twisted, opening the door revealing. Lyrica. Fear stricken as a man stood behind her with his claws at her throat. Several other men stood behind him. We all got to our feet, all but Rita who held a smirk on her face.

"Don't nobody move," he said roughly shoving Lyrica sending her falling into Daphne's arms as she held her close. They entered closing the door and pulled out guns, aiming at our heads.

The man who held Lyrica, nudged one of his friends.

"Get the girl." he said aiming the gun right at Billie. She growled as the guy neared the bed. Everything from that point spiraled out of control when Billie grabbed the man's gun and they struggle for oversight of the weapon. Billie head butted the guy and brought up her knee to his crotch, all the while ripping the gun away from his hand and shooting him in the leg, striking the femoral artery...

Daphne ~

The situation didn't look good and to top it off, my mind-link wasn't working. I couldn't contact Marcus or anyone for that matter.

"Your friend isn't looking too good." Billie said aiming the gun at the guy rolling on the floor, clearly in pain. I taught her well. When face in a hostage situation, always try taking a hostage of your own. Lyrica was shaking with fear and there was only little I could do to comfort her. I spared a glance to Constance who looked just as worried but we knew our mission, to protect our Luna.

The guy smirked.

"Betas are a dime a dozen, baby." He said.

"If you say so." Lyrica shrieked as Billie put a bullet right in between the injured Beta's eyes without even looking. I could feel the power of an Alpha rolling off him as his jaws clench. "Get out of this pack house, you're going home empty handed." Billie growled.

"I don't think so." Just as he said this a huge explosion tore a massive hole wee the balcony had been. The impact through us all to the floor and rattled the entire house. Disoriented from the blast, I was awake long enough to see them take Ali before darkness took over.

Rita ~

"Damn it Rita, we have to go!" Lawrence cursed at me, yanking at my arm.

"No, no, no! I know it's here somewhere, just give me a fuckin' minute!" I said searching high and low for the bag of pills I tucked away as soon as I got here. "T- They should be here."