Chapter 2: Move or Be Moved

Picture of Ali on the side.

Ali ~

The bell rung and I made a beeline for the door with my bag in hand. Running out the class and down the hall, my heart was in a continuous hum, making me feel... funny. Throughout the whole class, the new guy has been staring at me not saying a single word to me about what happened at lunch. Just thinking about the fact that he most likely had to throw his jacket away, all because I destroyed it beyond all recognition makes me feel horrible.

I sighed leaning my forehead against the cooling metal of my locker and took a few good deep breaths.

"Look who it is..." Someone said making me turn around fast seeing Lori and a group of her friends surrounding me like a band of hyenas with long pink painted fingernails and the overwhelming smell of perform and hair spray, ready to devour me.

"Ali is it? How have you been?" Lori smiled.

"Fine." I said quickly.

"Look Lori, the poor girl is shaking!" Jessica laughed.

"No I'm not." I said shaking my head.

"Yes you are, look." Ashley grin grabbing my wrist and held up my hand. I could see that my fingertips were trembling lightly. I snatched my hand away from her and they all laughed.

"Tell me Ali, a little birdy told me that the new guy sat next to you in the last period class. Is it true?" Lori asked walking right up to me. She was a few inches taller than me with long strawberry blonde locks that was curled really tight and draped over her shoulder and down her back. She had pale blue eyes and was really tan with a slim beauty queen type body figure. You know as a supermodel have. All skinny and whatnot.

"It's true; he kept staring at her throughout the whole class!" Yelled a girl name Mindy. The girl was obsessed with being apart with Lori's inner circle and would do anything to get into her good graces. Sad really, Mindy was a smart girl and she rather wastes it at Lori's side like a lap dog, just like Jessica and Ashley.

"Hook me up with him." Lori suddenly said smiling.

"What?" I asked automatically.

"Hook... me... up with him.," she said but this time a bit slower.

"What makes you think I can hook you up with him, I don't even know his name and we never talk and I don't even know if he likes me and-"

"It's not about him liking you, it's about him liking me." she snarled her lips turning up in disgust like it was so impossible for him to actually like me let alone find me attractive. I sighed finding this sudden thought true. I mean what do I have to offer to even keep a guy like him interested.

Nothing, I have absolutely nothing to offer. I am a nobody. I am a nerd. I am... a loser.

"So, will ya do it?" Lori asked smirking and tucking one of her perfect blonde curls behind her ear.

"I'll try." I frowned.

"That's not good enough. I want do or don't and if you don't... I'll make your life a living hell at this school, understand?" she said glaring at me. I nodded reluctantly and she smiled. "Good, let me know what he say." With those last words, she turned walking away with her friends following behind her. I looked up at Mindy... the look on her face was a mix between content and yet troubled at the same time. She ran off after Lori to catch up and I shook my head in disbelief.

"Oh... my... god..." I breathed out leaning against my locker. I can't believe I'm actually saying this but I never been so afraid of a bully before. I heard people quitting school over the things Lori and her friends do to them. I swallowed blinking a few times just to make sure what just happen, did actually just happened and I wasn't just in a dream. Sadly, reality is not so forgiving to me.