Chapter 27: Silent Storm

"T- This doesn't make any sense..." The doctor shuttered looking at the clip board.

"Tell me what the hell is wrong with my mate!" I snapped, my lycan getting riled up. I haven't heard Ali's sweet voice in two days. None of these damn doctors know what's wrong or how this could possibly happened. Ali laid sleeping in our room. The doctors wheeled in a bunch of machines that they weren't even using and it was pissing me off. Seeing my baby in such state was depressing my lycan and who knows how Von is feeling since he doesn't talk directly to me.

Von has made himself known. I feel him wondering from time to time in my mind. Though my lycan and Von has never exchanged pleasantries, I could feel their disdained for one other. That could spell trouble in the near future.

"Alpha... I- I'm not sure what could be causing this. Her vitals are completely normal. We may need to take a closer look at her eyes, pulse, blood even. Dr. Victor said we could be overlooking something."

"Well, figure it out." I said.

I watched as the doctor took a needle, slowly aiming for a vein behind her elbow, filling the vile with Ali's blood. At that moment, there was a knock on the door. Calling the person in, I was more than surprise to see mom and dad walk in. I haven't talking to them since Ali went into cardiac arrest and Dr. Victor revived her, bringing her to that state she's in now. Dr. Victor was currently in the hospital laboratory awaiting the blood samples.

I didn't look up at them, my eyes wouldn't allow me to stray from my mate. My legs wouldn't dare walk away, even if it was for a minute to shave or shower.

"Son," Dad said in his usual stern voice. "The pack cannot run itself."

"Griffin is doing fine." I said.

"Julian, you need to eat. Pozhaluysta dlya menya. (Please, for me)" mom beckon.

"I'm not hungry." I said. I could go a long time without eating. Thanks to the training dad put me through. Just thinking about it made me mad.

"This is getting out of hand, son. Ali's situation is never going to change. Whatever is wrong with her is tragic but the pack needs you!" Dad growled and I stiffen. My jaw clenched and both my lycan and Von started to stir at his words.

"You wanna say that again?" I growled glaring at him.

"Now boys-" mom said as she tried to interject.

"Ali's situation is never going to change." dad sneered.

"John!"

"Quiet! Men are talking. What are you going to do, Marcus? You're gonna kick your old man's ass?" Dad said. We glared at each other for a minute and something in me just snapped. This man I called my father made my life a living hell and for what? His anger towards my mother? The fact that I'm half vampire? I didn't know. What I did know is that I currently had him pinned to the wall with my hands over his throat. Mom was yelling for me to stop, for Von to stop but I just couldn't. Von was leading every breath I take as I choked the breath out my dad.

"What do you fucking know when it comes to a mate!? Your damn phobia of vampires are fucking up your own relationship with your mate and you can't even see it!" Before I knew it the were guys pulling me off him and holding me back.

"Poluchite vashi chertovy ruki ot menya , ya tebya ub'yu (Get your fucking hands off me, I'll kill you!)" I growled seeing red. "Mates are supposed to be by each other's side. Its doesn't make you weak to love!" I huffed on the verge of shifting.

"Marcus stop it! Look at her, look at your mate! You here for her!" mom said turning my head to face my sleeping queen.

I breathed feeling more in control now. I didn't even notice the men escorting dad out the room or the terrified doctor in the corner of the room.

"Everybody, get out." I commended and they wasted no time leaving. I shut the door, closing my eyes tightly trying to regain my sanity. Slowly walking over to Ali, I sat by her side. I held her hand and felt the warmth of her fingertips. Putting my forehead to hers, I tried reading her mind, trying to find her but all I ended up with was thick rolling thunder clouds...

"Come on baby, let me in..." I pleaded.

"You're not going to get anywhere without the angel." mom said standing by the door.

"I don't trust him."

"You don't have a choice but to trust him. At least trust me when I say this, Eve in fact did sent out undercover angels in search of her missing daughter."

"Do you really think Ali could be the missing princess."

"There is a resemblance but anything is possible. Especially when she had that not so little episode in the living room. When we can't even place her supernatural abilities. We don't even know what abilities she might posses. This angel could be our step closer knowing what we're up against."

"What do you mean up against?"

"Eve is nothing to mess with, Julian. Why do you think she hasn't claimed rights to Ali if she was her daughter? Why would she wait years and live day after day without holding her child?" she said. "The king put her in suspended animation because she couldn't handle the fact that her baby was stolen right from under her. Eve was heartbroken, she threw the entire world into war looking for her baby girl."

"You know, its funny you talk about Eve going days without holding her child, when in fact you we never there for me." I said.

"Just because you didn't see me doesn't mean I was never there." mom said laying her hand on my shoulder making look at her. "You'll need the angel and Von to make a connection and find Ali to wake her up."

Nearing my wits end, I decided to go with the best option when suddenly, My mind-link filled with the screams of my pack members just as a bomb exploded.

The room shook slightly from the blast just as Billie ran into the room.

"What's happening?!"

"I don't know, stay with Ali!" I said and as much as it pained me to leave her side, I knew she was in good hands...

I hope.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Author Note: Here's another chapter for you Monster Lover fans. Sorry it took a while but what are you gonna do?

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE