Chapter 33: Extended Family

Ali ~

"No... Its not true... Its not." I frowned tossing into turning.

"Ali."

"N- No, it can't be true..." I mumbled.

"Ali, baby wake up. You're having a nightmare." someone said and my eyes popped open to see Marcus's face. Words cannot express how happy I was to see him. It felt like I haven't seen him in so long. I sat up and through my arms around him, hugging him and refusing to let go.

"Marcus I'm so glad to see you!" I muffled into his shoulder and neck.

"I missed you too baby, I was scared that you would have never woken up." he said wrapping his arms around me. I felt this sudden chill run through me and something just didn't feel right.

"I had this horrible dream..." I said closing my eyes as he held me tighter.

"How horrible?"

"Dashawn said that you was going to kill me. He said you lost control."

"How ironic..." Marcus said and everything happened so quickly. I screamed upon feeling the deadly force of Marcus's fangs driving deep into my neck. I felt the burn of his venom making my body freeze and become paralyzed under him. I couldn't scream, couldn't breath and couldn't move.

Marcus moved back with my blood dripping from his chin and smirked looking down at me.

"Don't cry Ali, your blood taste sweeter when... you... smile..."

Naveen ~

We had landed in Florence, Italy and was greeted by one of Constance's brother's man. Constance said her brothers names were Donovan and Cameron and they were the kings of all things vampire and crusnik. They ran the largest and the only, kingdom of crusniks in the world.

We stood in the a elegantly designed sitting room of their Mediterranean palace waiting. The man who drove us here said someone would be with us shortly.

"I have a bad feeling about this..." Griffin frowned. He was uneasy around vampires, I could tell.

"Baby relax, Constance wouldn't send us into harms way and plus they are Marcus's extended family." Billie said. I sighed glancing down at Ali as I held her. I'm still unable to see into her dreams but I'm just going to have to live with that along with this solid form I had to take. I don't get hungry and I never sleep. Queen Eve made sure of it when she created my species. We were made for standing guard, to protect and defend so basic human needs were pointless to us. At that moment, a woman with red hair came walking through the archway.

"You guys must be the members of the Blood Moon Dynasty sent by Lady Constance right? I'm Astrid, its nice to meet all of you. Beta Griffin, Beta Billie, Angel Naveen, Lyrica and the Luna Ali. Is she alright? I've heard what happened..." she frowned.

"She was a bit hysterical so I had to put her to sleep." I said.

"I'm not familiar with your kind of power..." Astrid trailed off feeling Ali's forehead with her hand.

"Are you a witch?" Lyrica asked and Astrid smiled.

"Why yes I am." she said and I frowned.

"Excuse me for asking but how can you live around crusniks like this aren't you putting yourself in danger?" I said and she sighed.

"You don't know nothing about crusniks do you?" she said.

"I'm afraid not."

"Its nothing to worry about. Just like some wolves go rogue, crusniks do to. It happens and I assure you guys, Donovan and Cameron take good care of the witches and warlocks in their kingdom. I mean, they have to, their shared mate is a witch after all." Astrid smiled and we all was left there with our jaws dropped.