Part 2 - Chapter 4

At midnight, Hiroto's party was in full swing. People were making out in dark corners of the house, or shamelessly making out on the sofas in front of everyone. Groups of friends were playing beer pong and other alcohol games in clusters. Love Sasa by Chief Keef, No Hands by Waka, Down on me by Jeremiah, Pursuit of happiness by Kid Cudi... Some of the best party songs streamed from the speakers one after the other, and the later it got, the bigger the crowd of drunk people dancing in the middle of the living room grew.

Luckily, I hadn't seen Mikey or any of his friends yet so I felt relaxed, sipping my drink while I chatted with a few girls from my school. As for Hina, it turned out that she really didn't need my help to get back into the dating game at all. She was talking with Kisaki Tetta a few feet away from me, touching his arm each time she laughed.

Tetta wouldn't have been my first choice for her, but she looked like she was having fun, and Kisaki seemed really into her – and I mean, really, really into her. Seriously, he was acting like she was the first girl he had ever seen. I wasn't sure if I should find it cute or creepy.

When my social battery ran out a few minutes later, I decided to walk out on the balcony of Hiro's apartment, almost tripping over one of the many plastic cups strewn about on the floor on my way. Outside, I was greeted by a cold breeze as I grabbed the safety rail with both hands.

"You're back."

I looked over my shoulder at Hanma as he approached. He was wearing an oversized dark gray sweater and a pair of jeans. His hair that he usually slicked back were laying in disarray across his forehead. He looks even taller than before, I noticed, and even more handsome.

"How was Rome?" He asked as he reached into his pocket to pull out his packet of cigarettes. I watched as he tugged a cigarette out of the box with his mouth and cupped his hand around the end as he lit it.

"It was amazing. Great food, beautiful weather,..." I paused, a teasing smile tugging at the corner of my lips. "...Hot Italian men."

Hanma glanced at me sideways as he blew out the smoke, his gaze hardening a flicker, and I chuckled softly. "Relax, Shuji. I'm just messing with you." 

Just like I had done in Valhalla's hideout before him and I had had sex, I took his cigarette from his lips and brought it to mine. His golden ever so slightly eyes widened with remembrance at the gesture, and then, he grinned.

"I like when you say my name."

"Shuji?"

"Hmm." He slightly tipped his head back, his smile widening a little more. "Love it."

My breath exhaled on a laugh. "And how was your summer, Shuji?" I asked, handing him his cigarette back.

He took it between three fingers. "Boring. The girl I like wasn't there."

My stomach fluttered. I held his gaze for a moment longer before averting my eyes, choosing to stare at the city ahead of me as my cheeks heated under his stare.

For years, I hadn't really paid that much attention to Shuji. I just knew he was a good fighter, an adrenaline-junkie, but most importantly, he was someone Mikey – my boyfriend at the time - hated. My opinion of him changed the day we had sex. The same day he admitted he'd had a crush on me for a long time.

"Hanma!" Someone called him from the party and he sighed, crushing out his cigarette on the railing of the balcony.

"See you later, Y/N." With that, he walked away, disappearing into the apartment.

I was still wearing a smile on my lips when I walked back inside a few minutes later. The "Goosebumps" Hvme remix was streaming from the speakers. I looked for Hina but couldn't find her, so I weaved my way through the crowd of people dancing in the living room. At first, It was simply to look for my friend, but then, the rhythm of the song got to me, and I started swaying my hips to the music, my eyes falling closed. They shot open when I felt two warm hands grab my hips.

Ran Haitani was standing in front of me, a lazy grin playing on his lips as he stared down at me.

"Missed us?"

Us?

That's when I realized that he wasn't the one touching me. The hands grabbing my hips and pressing my ass against a crotch and my back against a hard chest belonged to someone behind me. I looked over my shoulder and locked eyes with Rindou who bent down until his lips were brushing against my temples.

"I definitely missed you." He whispered, his hands tightening on my hips.

A swarm of butterflies took flight in my stomach when he pressed a kiss right on my temple. I placed my hands over Rindou's and interlocked my fingers with his as I turned back to Ran. 

"What do you want?" I asked him. 

He had to bend down and bridge the several inches he towered over me to hear me over the music which seemed to amuse him because his smirk widened. 

He placed one hand on my waist as I repeated my question in his ear : "What do you want?"

"Same thing I wanted last year." He replied, leaning back up. 

Him and his brother exchanged a look before Ran grabbed my chin between his thumb and index, tipping my face to his. "Did you really think I'd let you complete your list with my brother and not me?" 

Then he bent down again until his lips were nearly on mine.

"How about adding 'threesome' to your little list, hmmm?"