Part 4 - Chapter 11

Rindou – Hey

It's Rindou

                   Hina gave me your number

 Why weren't you at school yesterday?

Me – I was sick

I'm not going to the dance with you anymore

Rindou – Wait

Why?

Because you're still sick?

Me – No

Because I know you told your friends we had sex

This is how my very  first and last conversation via text went with Rindou. After I sent him that last text, I blocked him. He showed up to my house yesterday. Twice, actually. Once before going to school, and once after. I was tempted to open the door both times, but I didn't. I just can't imagine what excuse he could have for lying about me to his friends and taking the money Izana gave him. But still, on the day of the dance, all of my thoughts are consumed by him. 

I'm staring at the "unblock" button when I hear a pair of high heels click against the pavement. I lift my gaze from my screen and see Senju walking towards me, clearly uncomfortable in her new shoes. She's wearing a light blue dress, the same color as her eyes, and she has left her short hair down.

"Hey," I greet her, a smile spreading across my face.

She stops next to me and returns the smile. "Hey."

"You look so pretty," I compliment, and her smile grows brighter. "You too. That color looks really good on you."

"Thanks."

I'm wearing the dress my mom wore to her own first school dance, a long cherry red gown.

Together, Senju and I turn to the apartment complex Baji and Chifuyu live in. Our dates told us to meet them at Baji's apartment since they were both getting ready there.

"Are you okay?" Senju asks me with a quick sideways glance as we walk.

Yesterday, I called her and Hina. I told them that I wouldn't be going to the dance but that I would still drop by Baji's apartment as promised. I had to explain that I heard Rindou tell his friends we had sex and that I saw him take the money Izana offered him.

I let out a sigh. "Yeah, I'm okay. I mean, I guess I should have seen this coming, right? You warned me, and yet I still fell for it..."

"If it can make you feel better, I fell for it too," she replies, and I turn my head to look at her as we approach the staircase. She glances back at me, her gaze softening. "I've caught him watching you several times, and the way he looked at you...," she trails off, shaking her head slightly. "I don't know... It seemed genuine."