Part 3 - Chapter 12

As planned, Erika and I met up at 10pm that night. I was wearing the only club-appropriate outfit I had found in the bags I had packed: a short black dress with a pair of black high heels. 

The club we were going to had just recently opened but was already one of the most popular clubs in the capital, so I wasn't surprised to see a very long queue of people waiting outside

The club we were going to had just recently opened but was already one of the most popular clubs in the capital, so I wasn't surprised to see a very long queue of people waiting outside. I thought we would have to wait with them but Erika informed me that her brother worked at the club as a bartender so we'd get to go in right away.

Inside, the club was packed. Erika led me through the crowd. Several bartenders were working behind the bar.  One of them looked like the male version of Erika, and I assumed he was her twin brother she had told me about. He had short blonde hair and wore eyeliner that made his blue eyes look even more striking. 

Erika and I stopped at the bar, and she waved at her brother to catch his attention. He grinned as he walked toward us. He reached over the bar to ruffle Erika's hair, then his eyes slid to me.

Erika held onto my arm as she introduced us. "Alex, this is Y/N. We work at the same company."

Alex braced his hands against the counter, staring down at me. "You look like you need something strong." He remarked, and I nodded in agreement.

"I got you."

Erika and I watched him as he prepared two drinks for us. A minute later, he slid two glasses over the counter to us.

"On the house." He told us then winked at me as Erika and I brought our drinks to our lips. I didn't misinterpret the gesture though; Erika had told me her brother was gay.

Half an hour and a few more drinks later, the alcohol had already settled into a tight ball of heat in my stomach. My head was spinning and my entire body felt warm. Erika had left me a few minutes ago to go dance with a man who had caught her eye. 

I was absentmindedly stirring my drink while watching them dance together from a distance when Alex approached me again.

"So what are we drinking to forget?" He asked me, leaning his elbows on the counter and resting his chin in his hands.

I sighed. "My boyfriend/ ex-boyfriend/ ex-fiancée I guess..."

"Wow." He chuckled. "I'm definitely gonna need to hear that story."

So I told him about everything.

"I don't know if I'll ever be able to forgive him for stealing those letters..." I finished, sighing before taking another sip of my drink.

Alex took a few seconds to think. "I agree he shouldn't have hidden the letters but..."

"But what?"

"I'm jealous, honestly."