Part 4 - Chapter 1

A/N: You guys are in for another rollercoaster hehehe

Also, just one other quick note before you get into the chapter : the first chapter might briefly mention a few things that happen towards the end of the manga, so I guess you could say they're spoilers, even though the part 4 will not follow the plot of the manga at all

Mikey's pov

I wake up abruptly, with tears streaming down my face. It takes a moment for reality to flood back into my consciousness, but when it does, the memories hit me one after the other, wave after wave – Y/N's death at the hospital, her funerals, and even my own desperate leap from a building before Takemitchy tried to save me. Did I fall? If so, how am I still alive right now?

In a frenzy, I scan my surroundings and realize I'm lying in my childhood bedroom. A voice, familiar and comforting, calls out from behind the closed door, interrupting my thoughts. "Mikey, get out of bed right now or you're going to be late again!"

Could this be a dream? Tentatively, I slide out of bed and make my way towards the door. Opening it, I look left and right, instantly recognizing the familiar hallway of my childhood home. The voice calls out again, this time from the kitchen. "Seriously, hurry up, Mikey!"

My heart pounds in my chest as I move barefoot towards the kitchen. There, sitting at the table, is my older brother, Shinichiro, busy preparing my lunch. 

Shinichiro... is alive?

"Your friends are already waiting for you outside," he informs me, glancing up and noticing the bewildered expression on my face. He pauses, sensing something is off. "What's wrong?"

Am I dreaming? Or is this just what happens after you die? You just... relive your past?

"Don't just stand there, go get ready," he urges, and I quickly retreat to my bedroom, slamming the door shut behind me. In the mirror, I catch a glimpse of my own reflection. It's me, but a younger version of myself, staring back with wide, dark eyes.

My gaze shifts to the calendar on the wall. 

1998.

I return my gaze to the mirror, but my brain simply can't process what's happening. I sprint out of my room and out of the house, finding 8-year-old Baji and 8-year-old Sanzu waiting for me outside, their backpacks already in place on their backs.

Baji furrows his brow when he sees me approaching. "Mikey? Why aren't you dressed yet?"

I pant, shaking my head and squeezing my eyes shut, only to open them again. 

Baji is alive...

Baji is alive!!

"Mikey?" Sanzu's soft voice calls out my name, but I start sprinting again.

Further down the street, I catch sight of a younger Takemitchy sprinting in my direction. We slow down until we stand just a meter apart, both of us panting heavily.

"Did you..." I begin, but Takemitchy cuts me off, saying the words simultaneously.

"...time leap too?"

Holy shit.

---------------

Takemichi's pov