Part 2 - Chapter 20

Takemichi's pov

I couldn't save Baji, but I joined Toman, and Mikey and Draken are still friends because Mikey doesn't know what happened between his best friend and his ex. So maybe now that Toman was united, Hina would be safe in the future, right?

After shaking Naoto's hand, I came back to the future. When I opened my eyes, I was in a rental shop. I quickly realized I had changed a lot. My hair was black and slicked back. I was wearing expensive clothes and a Rolex, and when I walked out of the rental shop, a limousine was waiting for me outside. I was dropped at a luxurious apartment complex where I now apparently lived. I walked out of the elevator, finding a group of men who all bowed down to me in respect. My gaze coasted to a man who was facing away from me, looking out the floor-to-ceiling windows that showcased the city.

Wait, is that-

"Chifuyu!" I shouted his name the second I recognized him, and he turned around. 

His hair was black now, but the rest of his face hadn't changed much.

"Answer your damn phone, Takemitchy." He told me, and I relaxed on hearing his familiar deep voice.

"Thank god!" I walked up to him, resisting the urge to hug him as he would probably found it weird. "I had no idea what was going on!"

"Huh?" His brows furrowed. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"Oh, uhm... I-" I scratched the back of my neck nervously.

Chifuyu sighed. "Let's go. The upper echelon's having a meeting upstairs."

I'm in the upper echelon of Toman? Me?

We took the elevator to the last floor of the building and walked down the hallway. At the end of it was a door which was guarded by several bodyguards, and I swallowed hard, a bead of sweat running down my back. One of the bodyguards opened the door for me, revealing a dining room with a big round table. Several men were already seated. I recognized a few a them as I took my own seat: Pah, Muto, Smiley, Hakkai, and Hanma. Then there were two other men I didn't think I had ever met in the past. One of them was blonde and had a burn on the left side of his face. The other had long black hair swiped to the right while the left side of his head was shaved.

"They're ex black-dragons." Chifuyu whispered in my ear when he noticed my gaze was lingering on those two. 

My attention was quickly pulled towards Pah as he started loudly complaining with his mouth full.

"Who the heck ordered the jellyfish? And where the hell is my fried rice?"

"First I'd like to bring up our treasury funds." One underling tried to start the conversation we were all apparently reunited for, but Pah gave him a death glare.

"More importantly, where's my goddamn fried rice, jackass? Plus, there are still some guys missing so we can't start the meeting now."

"Who's still missing? Mitsuya?" Muto asked.

"There are others who aren't here, dumbass. Like Mikey and-"

On cue, the doubled doors behind me opened. I looked over my shoulder, catching the moment a woman stepped into the room. My eyes slowly trailed up her body, taking in her high-heeled black boots, her fur coat, her short dress, her long hair, and- Y/N?! 

I blinked one time, two times, three times to make sure that the woman who gently squeezed Chifuyu's shoulder as a greeting before walking around the table to take the available seat next to Hanma was Y/N. And, yes it was Y/N. She was older but still as gorgeous as she was 12 years ago, if not more. 

 Hanma stood up and pulled out the chair from under the table for her. Everyone watcher her as she elegantly sat down, crossing one of her legs over the other. All the other men had now settled down, even Pah was now making the effort to chew with his mouth closed. Maybe it was because they were in the presence of a woman, or maybe it was because they had respect for Y/N in particular.

Did that mean Y/N had joined Toman? Why? And how? She can't even fight. At least not to my knowledge.

Hanma leaned in to whisper something in her ear as one waiter rushed over to pour her a glass of wine that she then picked up with a perfectly manicured hand. Whatever Hanma was telling her caused her lips to curl up into a barely there smile. Then Hanma pulled away and she brought her glass to her lips, her eyes meeting mine over the table. We stared at each other for a few seconds before Hanma cleared his throat.

"What I wanted to discuss at this meeting wasn't the treasury funds." He started. "Koko's IT business, Shiba's cover business, and a few of our other businesses were searched by the police a few days ago which means there's a Judas amongst us."

The entire room fell completely silent at that. Everyone at the table exchanged suspicious glances, silently accusing each other. 

Pah was the first one to break the silence. "There's no Judas amongst us! We're all ride-or-dies!"

"Are you stupid?" Kokonoi started, eyeing Pah with a mocking stare. "If no one's snitching, then how the hell did all of our businesses get searched on the same day, dumbass?"

Another argument between the men ensued. Y/N stayed silent, rolling her eyes at the screaming match taking place, and I watched her, trying to understand how the hell she could have ended up here.

When the doors opened behind me again, all the men instantly shut up. They suddenly jumped to their feet to bow down to whoever had just entered the room. Everybody except Y/N. She fixed the person behind me with her beautiful almond-shaped eyes which flashed with defiance as she refused to show the same amount of respect the others were. I looked over my shoulder to try to see who the newcomer was, and despite how much he'd changed, I instantly recognized him.

Kisaki.

My blood froze in my veins.

He was still part of Toman?

Did that mean he had still tried to kill Hina and that nothing had changed in the future?

"Chifuyu, Takemitchy, Y/N." He looked to the three of us, holding the gaze of the latter for a moment longer. "Could I have some of your time?"