Part 2 - Chapter 8

Mikey grabbed me by the arm and dragged me out of the classroom before the teacher came back. I tried to rip myself from his grip but he didn't budge and continued striding to the men's restroom at the end of the hallway. He pushed me inside the room, only letting go of my arm to close the door behind us. Mikey stayed posted by the door, blocking the only way out of the room. There was no way out of this conversation I did not want to have. 

« Is it true?" He asked, breaking the deafening silence inside the small, airless restroom.

I didn't think Mikey would ever hit me, or willingly hurt me – at least, not physically. He had never been violent with me, but in that moment, his voice was pure restraint, and I found myself backing away from him, until my back hit the cold tiles of the restroom wall behind me.

"Tell me who." He demanded.

"Who what ?" I asked, masking my fear by raising my chin a little higher and forcing myself to hold his searing gaze.

"Don't fucking play dumb with me." He spat. "Which one of my friends did you sleep with?"

When I didn't answer, his jaw clenched. "Was it Peh? Angry? Smiley? Hakkai? Chifuyu? Mitsuya?" With each name, he took a step towards me, slowly closing the distance I had tried to put between us.

He apparently couldn't even fathom that Draken or Baji, his closest best friends, could be the ones who had come onto me which reassured me a little bit. There was no way I was telling him. I would take those secrets to the grave. And so would Baji and Draken.

Once again, I remained silent and simply returned his gaze, but when he slammed his palms against the wall on either side of me, I flinched, my eyes falling closed. A few seconds passed where my body stayed completely frozen. Mikey's breath fell across my lips each time he exhaled a ragged breath.

"How could you do this to me?" He finally whispered.

When I felt him drop his head in the crook of my neck, I slowly opened my eyes. I looked down at his blonde hair, remembering all the time I'd spent running my fingers through it, brushing it. And that only brought more memories back.

"You know they're the only loyal people I've ever had." He whispered against my neck.

That.

That fucking pulled me from my memories.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Placing both hands on his chest, I harshly pushed him away from me. "They're the only loyal people you've ever had? You're fucking joking right?"

He stared down at me as I stepped up to him, pointing a finger at his chest. "You had me, Mikey. Fuck,... You-" I paused as my throat tightened with the pure rage bubbling inside of me. My gaze narrowed at the edges. "You don't even realize how much I loved you, Mikey."

His eyes ever so slightly widened. "Y/N-" He tried to raise his hand to cup my cheek but I knocked it away.

"I would have done anything for you. You're the one who ruined everything." My voice trembled, and I mentally cursed myself for sounding so weak, so vulnerable. I took a deep breath before speaking again, silently praying that my voice would be even and not betray my emotions again. "So don't you dare talk to me about loyalty when you couldn't even be loyal to me."

I pushed him away from me again, and then shoved past him to get to the door. I grabbed the doorknob, but before I could get the door open all the way, his hand appeared above my head and slammed it back shut.

"If you don't tell me which one of my friends you slept with, I'm gonna make your life miserable." He warned, his breath brushing my nape.

This. This one sentence – this one simple threat. This is what did it for me.

The lying hadn't done it. All the cheating hadn't done it either. I had simply never been able to truly hate Mikey. I knew he'd had a hard life and I pitied him.

But now?

Now I. fucking. hated. Him.

"Mikey," I laughed a short, bitter laugh, shaking my head. Slowly, I turned around to face him. "You really never learn, do you?" I asked, a lopsided grin growing on my face.

His brows furrowed, and I laughed again.

"What happened last time you made me feel miserable?" I asked, cocking my head to the side as I gazed up at him. "That's right, I let one of your best friends fuck me."

His jaw ticked, his gaze darkening.

Raising my hand, I slowly dragged one of my finger along his sharp jawline, ever so slightly scratching his skin with my pointy fingernail. He sucked in a sharp breath, and I brought my face closer to his. My lips nearly brushed his with each word spoken. "So try to make my life miserable again, and I'll make yours even worse."

His jaw tightened as his eyes quickly paced from my lips to my eyes.

And at that moment, we both knew.

Even if things were over between us, this was just the beginning of something even more passionate and destructive than the love we'd shared.