Part 3 - Chapter 20

"Please, please, please!"

Erika had been begging me to go on a double date with her and Draken for five minutes now. She had called me panicking because the date was tonight and she still hadn't found anyone to go with her.

"I can't." I refused for the third time, staring up at the ceiling of my room while I laid on my bed.

"Pleaseeee, Y/n." She whined on the other end of the line. "You're my only friend who's single."

"Thanks for reminding me." I mumbled. With Mikey's threat looming over my head, I would remain single for a long, long time.

"Sorry. It's just," Erika sighed. "I really need someone to come with me. And it's perfect since you already know Draken, it won't be awkward at all."

"And who's Draken going to bring?"

"He didn't tell me."

"Hmm." I gnawed on my lower lip while I sifted through my thoughts.

Chances are Draken is going to bring either Inui, Chifuyu or Kazutora, considering they're his closest, single friends. They're my friends too, which means that technically, it won't really be a "date". More like a "get-together".

"Please." Erika begged again.

"Fine. I'll go." I agreed reluctantly.

She squealed so loudly that I had to pull my phone away from my ear, wincing.

"Thank you so much! You're the best!"

"Yeah, yeah." I muttered back. "You'll owe me one."

"I'll send you the address! Be there at 7!"

I glanced at the clock on my night shelf as she hung up. It was already 5pm.

I went to the bathroom to take a quick shower. Then I came back to my bedroom and rummaged through my clothes to find something to wear. That's when I found a brown dress Mitsuya had made for me himself when we were dating. Pro of having a fashion designer boyfriend. I paired it with a brown leather jacket I had found with Mitsuya in a vintage shop. Another pro of having a fashion designer boyfriend: he knew all the best places to shop at. To complete the look, I put on a pair of boots and a few necklaces, rings, and earrings.

I checked the address Erika had sent me as I walked out of my bedroom and down the hallway

I checked the address Erika had sent me as I walked out of my bedroom and down the hallway. I'm going to have to take a taxi, I thought as I entered the living room to go grab a bottle of water in the kitchen.

Mikey, Ran, Rindou, Kakucho and Sanzu were all sitting at a rectangular card table in the back of the living room. They were playing poker.

Hopefully, they won't notice me.

"Holy shit, Y/N." Ran whistled, drawing everyone's attention on me.

Never mind...

Rindou, Mikey, Sanzu and Kakucho all turned their heads to me, momentarily forgetting about their game of poker. I paused as their eyes scanned my makeup, hair and outfit. They didn't say anything for a moment and I fought the urge to nervously shift my weight from one foot to another under their attention.