Part 3 - Chapter 17

If I wanted to be taken seriously by the other Bonten members, I was going to have to fit in with them.

The first thing I did was get a tattoo. It was a fake one. Hopefully as temporary as my affiliation to Bonten.

I wanted to get a different tattoo than Ran, Rindou, Mikey, Sanzu or Kokonoi's. Something more provocative. Something that would convince them I was really in for it. 

Bonten's property

The two-word fake tattoo was now situated very low on my abdomen. So low that it was hidden under the elastic of my lace panties.

The second thing I did was buy a suit. Going to my first Bonten meeting dressed in a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie wasn't an option. I chose a more feminine version of the typical three-pieces suit. Working in a world of men didn't mean I had to wear something boring

 Working in a world of men didn't mean I had to wear something boring

At the end of the day, I was ready for my first Bonten meeting.

I went back to Bonten's hideout, and when the time came, I strode to the room the meeting would take place in, wearing my new outfit and a pair of black high heels.

I was trying to look as confident as possible, with a 'fake it till you make it' kind of mindset, but in reality, I was mortified. My hands were clammy, and I was fighting not to wipe them on my pants.

The chatter inside the meeting room reached my ears as I paused in the doorway. Six men were already sitting at the long oak table. Kokonoi, Sanzu, and Ran sat to the left. The fourth man sat to the left was someone I had never seen before. He was a stocky man with very angular eyebrows. He had used so much gel to slick back his hair that the top of his head was glistening under the dim lights.

At the right side of the table sat Rindou, and Kakucho. I hadn't seen the latter in more than five years. Since Kisaki had shot him during the fight against Tenjiku and Toman. He hadn't changed a lot. The only difference was that his black hair was now longer and parted in the middle.

As if sensing my gaze on him, Kakucho turned his head to me. The corners of my lips tipped up as our eyes met, and so did his.

I had always liked Kakucho, and I think the feeling was mutual. Back when Izana was teaching me how to defend myself, Kakucho had always been supportive and encouraging. Him and I had a few things in common. One of them being that we had both been loyal – and still were – to a member of the Sano family who hadn't always treated us right.

Kakucho acknowledged my presence with a nod that I returned before walking in.

Sanzu must have informed the executives of my presence beforehand because they didn't look very surprised, simply curious. They continued chatting together but their gazes followed me as I strode to the seat Rindou had saved for me to his right.

"Hey." He greeted me as I sat down next to him.

"Hey."

His gaze traveled down my outfit.