He's Afraid You'll Leave Him For Another Guy.

Calum: "Good morning babe." you whispered, stretching your legs out so long you thought your knees would split. You had just slept over at Calum's and you were excited to have the whole day with him. You rolled over and saw an empty bed, and your mood plummeted. Where had he gone? You got out of bed and put on your robe before walking out to the main part of his flat. Calum was sitting at the breakfast bar, eating yogurt and granola with his laptop open in front of him. You walked over and shut the laptop to give him a kiss. "Y/N, don't." he said, pushing the laptop open before you could reach him. You leaned back, your face scowling. "Don't want me to give you a good morning kiss? You got it." you mumbled, getting yourself a cup of tea. You stirred the water and you hear Calum huff behind you. You turned and he was looking at you, an angry look spread across his face. "Could you possibly keep it down?" He bit, and you glared at him. "Could you possibly take the stick out of your ass for 3 seconds?" you replied, and Calum shook his head. "Why don't you just go out with Michael if you're going to be like this. You seem eternally happy with him." he said, and you raised an eyebrow. In the last two weeks, you and Michael had become inseparable. You two were best friends and spending a lot of time together. Calum said he loved that you were close with his friends, and that he couldn't be happier that his 'brothers' accepted you. Clearly that was a big fat lie. "You want me to go hang out with Michael? Even though we have a full day planned? Hmmm, okay then. Maybe I'll go have fun instead of being rejected for a kiss, told to keep my breakfast making down and getting dirty looks. Keep pushing me away Cal. You absolutely destroyed this morning. No, this day. You did. Not me. Remember that." you said, storming away with your tea. You heard Calum close his laptop but you ignored it, locking yourself in the bathroom to shower and get ready. You finished and snuck out, grabbing your bags. You put in a few things you usually kept at Calum's, your extra toothbrush, some clothes and some of your hair and make up stuff. You weren't sure if this whole thing was going to end well. You walked out and stormed past Calum, still sitting at the breakfast bar. You grabbed your bottle of water and went for the door. You heard Calum sniffle, and it took everything in you to put your shoes on. Then you heard it again, and turned towards him. "Really Calum? What have you got to cry about?" you bit, craning your neck to look at him. He looked up at you and sighed. "I'm losing my girlfriend to my best friend, I am entitled to be upset." he said, and you dropped your bags and ran towards him. "Me?! To Michael?!" you asked, flabbergasted. Calum nodded, and you shook your head. "No no no, never babe. Never." you said, pulling his head agasint your chest. He cried as you stroked his head. "I love you, I would never ever pick Michael over you, I'm sorry." you said, comforting him. "Me too." he whispered, hugging you back and kissing the base of your neck.

Michael: "Bye Cal." you called from the door of your flat. You walked in and Michael was standing in the door of your kitchen, staring at you. "Oh, hi!" you smiled, rushing over to him. You hugged him tight but he didn't move. "Let's try again. Hi!" you said, rewrapping your arms around him. No response. "Is there something wrong?" you asked, looking at him with a puzzled look. "I thought you were out with your friends." he said, and you nodded once and started your explanation. "I was, then I saw Calum at the pizza place. So I just told Laura to head home and asked Calum if he would drive me home. He lives closer and he and I wanted to catch up anyways." you smiled. Michael used one hand to push you back and walked towards your door. "What?" you asked, looking at him with shock spread across your face. "I don't want to talk to you." Michael said, slipping his shoes on and walking out the door, slamming it in your face. You felt the world spinning around you. Your knees weakened and your eyes watered. What had just happened? Why was he so mad? You ran to the window of your flat and watched his car pull away as a tear slid down your cheek. You couldn't understand why this was happening, but you knew it hurt. You stood in the window and looked out at Sydney, unsure of what to think. Suddenly, a few minutes later, your phone rang. It was Calum, and you couldn't have asked for much better. Calum was kind of like your best friend, he understood you better than almost anyone. Anyone except Michael. "Hello." you asked, your voice cracking. "Why did Michael just message me saying 'you keep your fucking hands away from Y/N. she's my girlfriend, not yours'?" Calum asked, and you gasped. "I don't know! He pushed me away from him and walked away from me today. I am going to his place." you said, hanging up and grabbing your keys. You raced to Michael's flat and left your car out front, rushing up to his flat. You pounded on the door but Michael didn't answer. "I have a key, idiot." you whispered, reaching in your purse and unlocking the door. You walked in to find Michael sitting on the couch, sobbing. "Get out!" he said, and you shook your head. "No, no way. I deserve an explanation. I want and deserve one." you said, standing in the doorway staring at him. He got up to walk away and you blocked him. "Keep your fucking hands away from Y/N?" you asked, and Michael threw his head back. "You don't feel threatened, do you?" you asked, putting a hand flat and firm against his chest. Michael shook out his hair, trying to play it off, but you could tell he did. "Mikee, babe, Calum and I are friends. Just like Laura and I. Friends. I don't love him, I love you. Nothing could ever change that, okay?" you said, wiping a tear from under his chin. He nodded, but you could tell he wasn't convinced. You grabbed the back of his head and pulled him into a deep kiss. He walked you to a wall and pushed you up against it, his hand intertwined in your hair. After a moment or two, you pulled away. "Never would I ever in my whole life kiss Calum like that," you smiled, ducking under his arm and smirking at him.

Ashton: You walked in the door of you and Ashton's flat with your arm in Luke's. You were laughing as Luke impersonated Michael. You two had just gone out shopping for Ashton's birthday present, then went and got ice cream. As you slid off your shoes, Ashton walked in from the bedroom. He shot you and Luke a dirty look, and you looked at Luke who shrugged. "Weird." he whispered, and you nodded. You went over to Ashton and sat beside him. "Can I give you one thing early?" you smiled, waving a small bag. "No." he said coldly, and you raised an eyebrow at him. "What's wrong with you?" you asked, and he shook his head. "Y/N, I'm going to go." Luke called from behind you. "Are you sure you don't want to stay? Hey, why don't you sleep in bed with her too. You could always take her out for breakfast in the morning, why not?" Ashton said, standing up and glaring at Luke. "Relax Ash! We were shopping for you!" Luke said, puffing his chest out. "She can shop alone. You can shop alone." he said, turning his attention to you. "Okay, I can shop alone." you agreed. "You two spend so much time together. It's like you two are a couple. I don't know why you don't ask me to do stuff." he said, and you flipped out your hands. "We were shopping for you!" you exclaimed, and Luke shook his head in disbelief. "Luke, why don't you get lost. You don't need to be involved in everything Y/N does." he said. "No! Don't leave. Don't talk to Luke like that you asshole." you said, standing up. "He has been nothing but a wonderful friend to me and you have no right. I don't know where this is coming from." you said, and Ashton rolled his eyes. "Right, friends. You're friends. Friends who go on dates, friends who are both straight, go out alone together and hold hands." Ashton said, and you saw his eyes start to water. "Mate." Luke said, and you shook your head at Ashton. "Luke and I are not like that. Not even kind of. We haven't got feelings like that for each other. I love you, simple as that. Luke and I spend 99% of the time we spend together talking about you!" you said, grabbing Ashton's hand. "Seriously, Ash, I would never do that. Y/N is fun, but she's not the type of girl I would date." Luke said, and you nodded. Ashton nodded slowly and looked away. "Babe, I love you. Don't worry. Never worry." you said, kissing his cheek. "I'm sorry guys, I just got scared." he said. "Hey no worries, if you want me to come around less often I will." Luke said. "No no, thanks for being a friend to her. Love you mate." Ashton said, waving to Luke. Luke waved back and walked out while you and Ashton cuddled into the sofa.

Luke: You walked into your dimly lit flat after a night out with Ashton. You loved hanging out with him. You two had such similar senses in style, taste in food and even the same hobbies. You two got along really well, and he was pretty much your best friend. You slipped off your shoes and turned on the hall light. Luke was sitting on the couch in the dark, his face in his hands. "Hey you weirdo." you laughed, taking off your coat. Luke didn't respond. "Luke?" you asked, and he said nothing. You walked over to him and tapped his shoulder. "Luke, are you awake?" you asked. "I'm fine." he said, his voice cracking. You practically jumped back you were so shocked. "Are you crying?" you asked, making your way around to the front of the couch. You had only seen Luke cry a handful of times. It was strange and concerning. "I'm fine." he repeated, and you shook your head. "Luke, you're not fine." you said, peeling his hands away from his face. Luke looked at you, his eyes blood shot from crying. He looked like he was cringing with pain, and you frowned. "What's going on?" you asked, and Luke lowered his glance. "I just... It's stupid." he said, and you shook your head. "If it's making you upset, it's not stupid. Talk to me." you encouraged, sitting next to him and taking his hands in your lap. You started drawing hearts on his palms as you waited for him to talk. "I just. I love you, you know that." he started, and you nodded. "I just get scared when you go out with Ashton. I feel like you two get on so well, you're like best friends. What if, in time, you like him more than me. And you leave me, for Ashton." Luke said, and the silence was deafening. You stared at Luke, his usually perfect smile trembling as he fought back letting out a sob. His eyes pierced through you, and you shoulders fell. "Luke, never in a million years would I leave you for Ashton. Ashton and I are friends. Like brother and sister. I love you Luke, not him. I couldn't even imagine dating Ashton, he's like my not so gay best friend. You have to know how much I adore you." you said, pulling his hands up and kissing them. You reached across and kissed his cheek while wiping away a tear. "I just get scared." he said, looking slightly embarrassed. "Well, don't think you're getting rid of me that easy, Hemmings." you smiled, and he smiled too, before pulling you into a hug