You're Deaf.

(A/N: Hello everyone!! I dont know if anyone is still reading this preferences because it's been ages since I updated but anyways I'm going to continue this one. All the love. x)

Calum: He was beautiful and from what you'd read his voice was beautiful too. It kind of sucked dating a world-famous singer and never hearing his voice. You were able to see him onstage and see his smile and you could feel the vibrations of the music under your feet. But there were days when all you wanted was to open up your brain and find the messed up parts, to fix them and turn your hearing back on. You just wanted to hear his voice say your name.

Michael: Sometimes you think that he forgets that you can't hear him. Normally you're pretty good at reading lips, but when he went off on a tangent, his lips formed words faster than you can read them. But you could tell by the passion on his face that he just needed to let it out. When he finally stopped talking, you pulled him in for a hug, his warm arms surrounding you.

Ashton: He'd been so used to having that woman that he could have long conversations with, the one that would listen to him when he needed to rant a little bit about the fans and the other boys and the job. But he loved you even though you'd lost your hearing. The doctor's told you both that you were going prematurely deaf. It wasn't even that much of a surprise to you since all of your grandparents had gone deaf and your parents were losing their hearing as well. No one had expected it to go so early though. You and Ashton were in your forties, married, three kids, and here you were turning into an old woman forty years before you expected it to happen. It went rather quickly as well. One morning you were able to hear your alarm go off to go wake up the children and start them getting ready for school, and the next day it was your daughter waking you up when the blaring alarm clock finally woke her. Ashton came home early just to take you to the doctor's office and see if there was anything they could do about it. Apparently it was irreversible, all they could do was give you hearing aids, but even those didn't help all that well. By the time that all of the children had moved out of the house, you felt like they should put you in a home for the elderly. You hadn't clearly heard your husband's voice in nearly ten years and that made your heart drop into your stomach because you missed him; you missed all of your moments that the two of you had spent whispering in the dark, listening to the TV hum in the background, and just listening to each other laugh. "I miss you." You told him one night, accidentally whispering it when you'd meant to say it in a normal tone. "I miss us." His hands drew you in closer to him, your ear pressed against his chest. You had to strain just to hear the pounding of his heart that you knew was so much louder than you were hearing. "Me too, Y/N, but I love you no matter what." He murmured, mostly to himself, as he ran his fingers through your hair.

Luke: Someone tapped your shoulder in the large crowd, drawing your attention away from the scrolling screen. It was a pretty blonde boy with bright blue eyes and a grin filled his face. His lips started moving, probably introducing himself or something, but you couldn't hear him having been deaf since seven years old. He stopped talking and was looking at you like he expected an answer. You held up a finger, signaling for him to wait one minute and then you pulled the small whiteboard out of your purse and the marker you used to write. "I'm deaf I can't hear a single thing you're saying." His eyes went wide and he nodded, taking the board from you. "I'm Luke and you're really pretty, want to go out sometime?" He handed it back to you, a smile still present on his face. "Yes." Later that night he took you on your first date and by the end of the night both of you had hands stained black from wiping at each other's messages on the whiteboard. It was the start of everything and it was great.