Chapter-5

Everyone was congratulating Naina on her achievement. Principal called her on stage and handed over her certificate of scholarship. She told her how much proud she was feeling because of her. Naina had always represented her college at national level but now she was going to be able to do that in other country. After saying that she and all the other teachers gave her their blessings.

Naina had tears of joy in her eyes. She was so overwhelmed by all this that she couldn't even explain. When she went back to her friends they were so happy and asked her for a treat. Her best friend Tara hugged her tightly and shouted "

"Yey.. I knew it you will be the winner after all it was your dream and you worked so hard for this".She exclaimed cheering.

Naina knew she was really happy for her. She was her best friend since class 2. They did everything together be it studies, shopping, going mall,watching movies or anything . She was more like her sister.

Naina gave her a small smile . Tara could feel that something was bothering her.

"What happened Naina.... why are you looking tensed? " Is something bothering you? " She asked her straight.

Naina told her that she will talk about this after college. In the evening Tara came to her house. Naina's father had not come back yet from his office. Her mother was preparing dinner and her younger brother siddharth had gone to his coaching classes.

"Namaste aunty aap kaise ho(hello aunty how are you)" she greeted her mother.

Her mother became happy to see her and said " Aao beta aaj meine gajar ka halwa banaya hai aao taste karo. (Come dear, today I have made carrot pudding come taste it".)

"Sure aunty but first I want to meet Naina I will eat it later" She said and went to her room.

Naina was sitting in her balcony and was watching the birds flying freely in the sky. She always felt fascinated when she saw them flying without any bondage. Their freedom was something that always inspired her. She also wanted to live her life to the fullest , fulfill all her dreams. She wanted to make her parents proud of her and wanted to give them all the happiness. Her family was from middle class background. Her parents made lots of sacrifices and struggle all their life to give her and her brother the best education. She had watched them struggling since childhood . They never got the chance to enjoy their own life. She wanted to give them all the luxurious and wanted to see them enjoying their life. That was why she participated in that competition. She wanted this scholarship for higher education . It would give boost to her career. She was into her thoughts when Tara came.

"Hey Naina what's up... " she said. Now tell me what is bothering you. Have you given the good news to your parents? "She asked while sitting beside her.

Naina looked at her and said no.

" Why Naina.. This is such a big news. Your parents will be so happy hearing this. Why are you not telling them?" She asked her while frowning.

"I don't know Tara how to give them this news. I know they will feel proud that I have won the competition but when they will know that I have to go abroad for higher studies I know they won't be happy. " She finally told her.

She was surprised to listen this .
"why are you thinking like that. It is a dream of every parents that their children get best education . And you have got the chance with the scholarship. Come on let's go and tell them". She insisted.

She held her hand and dragged her to her mother and said that there was a good news for them. After listening the news her mother became happy but suddenly her expressions changed.

"What happened aunty"? Tara asked.

" Nothing dear It's just that I don't know if her father would be ready to send her away and that too in America. She never lived alone for a single day. How will she manage there. I don't think it's good for her. "She said getting worried.

They were looking at each other Just then her father came back from office.
" What happened why are you all so serious ".he asked watching them. Her mother asked her to go and tell her father everything. At first she was very hesitating but then she took a deep breath and went to him and told him everything.

She saw mixed emotions on the face of her father. She requested him to say yes as this was a big opportunity for her and she didn't want to miss it. He said he need some time to think. Having said that he went to his room.

At the dining table everyone was silent. Her brother sid(siddarth) tried to lit up everyone's mood by his silly jokes but she knew it was of no use.

At night her father called her to his room.Her heart was beating fast. Her future was going to be decided. She took a deep breath and left everything on her destiny and went to his room. Both her parents were sitting on the sofa and discussing something. They asked her to sit down. There was a silence for a moment.

Her father looked at her. She could saw the concern in his eyes.

"Naina my child you know we love you so much. You and sid are the reason of our happiness. We have always tried to fulfill all your wishes but this time it is very hard for us to send you so far away from us. We know you are independent and capable but still who knows what situations you have to face there. We don't have any relatives or any known person there who will look after you. If you go there we will always be worried about you. " He explained her.

She was listening him with teary eyes. She held his hand and looked at him with hope.

" I know papa. I also love you but this is my dream. I want to become something in my life and this is the opportunity God has given me. Please papa let me go I promise I'll never let you down. " She said and tears started streaming from her beautiful eyes.

Her father looked at her mother for a moment . They could saw how much it meant for her. Her mother gestured something to him and he nodded.

"Don't be sad my child if this is so important for you then we won't force you , go start your preparations and tell us what you need". He said while putting his hand on her head.

She was so surprised and happy at same time. She couldn't believe they gave her their permission. She hugged them both in happiness.

" I love you maa, l love you papa. I will make you proud one day. " She said with a wide smile,Just then sid came into the room and rolled his eyes.

"ohh you all forgot me, look I am also here". He said with fake anger to which they all smiled.

She thanked Radha Krishna. This was the beginning of a new chapter of her life. Thinking about all this she went to sleep. She Couldn't wait for her new journey..........