chapter 13

Last night Ian was thinking about whome should he talk to. James or dad. He was really confused and  was wandering here and there in the room when mom called him for breakfast. He didn't want her to know what he was going through. He didn't want to bother her so he took a deep breath, calmed himself down and went to dining room.

"Good morning mom!
" Good morning dad!
"And good morning my little sis"  He wished them smiling.

"Good morning big brother". Emma wished him back.

" A very good morning to you son. " Mom and dad said together.

"Come Ian please sit, what do you want to have? " Mom asked while serving the juice to Emma.

" Actually mom, I'll just have a glass of juice I am not feeling hungry. "He said while sitting on the chair.

" Why? What happened? Are you sick?" She asked him while checking his forehead.

" I am good mom. I am not sick. I just don't feel like eating anything. " He said to calm her.

"Ok" But eat you lunch properly. I am watching you are not taking care of your health these days." She said in concern.

"Ok my dear mom. Your wish is my command " He said sarcastically.

When everyone was eating breakfast Ian saw his dad was looking at him strangely. The way he was waching him, he became nervous. When he was about to leave , he said he wants to talk to him and asked him to come to study room. Ian was wondering what was the matter. Anyways he went to study room to meet him.

" What's the matter Ian? " He asked while sitting on his chair and asked him to sit down too.

" Nothing dad".... Ian said scratching his head.

" Come on Ian, I am your father and your friend too. I know you very well. For the past few days you are behaving differently. You are always lost somewhere. You don't eat properly. It's like you have changed. What is the matter? You can tell me. He asked him keeping his hand on his shoulder.

Ian went silent for few moment. "Should I tell dad or not? "
"Will he be able to understand?
What will he think of me?... How stupid is his son!!

He was in his chain of thoughts when his father shook him.

" Ian ...are you listening? " He asked again.

  "Yes dad." He took a deep breath and decided to tell dad everything. He was his father and had every right to know about his son.

"Actually.... You are right dad. For the past few days I am....... .. He paused for a moment.

"Dad , a new girl has come to my college. She is my classmate. She is Indian and very beautiful. I don't know why whenever I see her I just can't look away from her. I just kept thinking about her. I tried to not give her any attention but whenever she is around I can't control myself. And now she has become my partner in economic project."

"Yesterday, I was sitting with her and I was unable to focus on anything exept her. My heart was beating so fast that I could hear it. I am going crazy dad. What is this feeling dad I am not able to understand. Can you please help me? " He told him everything.

His dad looked at him and smiled.

"Ian... My son.... I think You .Are.In Love"........ He said and Ian got shocked.

" Whaaaaatttt....... Nooooo........ How can I......... I mean........".. He was out of words.

"Yes Ian.... This is love, when you can't think anything other than her. When she matters you the most. " He tried to explain.