Chapter-57

Whole day Naina couldn't concentrate in classes. First she was surprised with the way Ian behaved in the, morning and then the argument with Mike.... She was feeling awful. Things were getting more complicated. When she agreed to Mike's deal she didn't know so much other problems would also come along. It's like a nightmare which was going on continuously. She was missing her old life in India. She was missing her family and Tara, so as she got the lunch break first thing she did was to call her mother.

"Hello ma, how are you....." She said as her mother picked the call.

"Hello Naina...... How are you my child..... You won't believe I was about to call you ....." She said with love.

"What happened mom.... Is everything fine....." She asked.

"Yes and no"...... She said slowly.

"What happened mom......" Naina got worried.

"Ummm.... Tara......" Her mom paused.

"Tara.... What happened to her mom??...... Is she alright??....." She started questioning out of concern.

"Naina... Her engagement has broken....." She said sadly.

"What........ "Naina was stunned.

"Yes Naina.... That boy.... Remember,you met him at your wedding, how innocent he looked then but you know he is already married......". She told her.

"What..... He is married, then why he got engaged to Tara......" Naina was stunned.

"Because of his family's pressure...... "She explained.

"Oh My God..... What is this happened with Tara?.... How is she now?..,."She asked.

"How could she be........" Her mother muttered. "Naina.... You should talk to her....." She said.

"Of course mom..... I am calling her right now....." She said.

"Wait.... Wait..... Naina..... "Her mother Interrupted.

"What happened mom....." She asked.

"Naina there is one other thing I want to tell you.....
I know you must be upset with this news but this one is really necessary. You know Karwachauth is coming next week..... "

"Karwa chauth......". Naina whispered.

"Yes Naina Karwachauth..... You know how important is this for every married girl. I am sure you don't need any explanation for this. I just wanted to tell you about all the rituals you have to do on this day...." She said and explained her everything.

"Naina I know it's your first Karwachauth and there will be no one to help you but I know you will manage. If you want me I can talk to your mother in law..... "She asked.

"No mom, I will manage..... I have seen you doing this for Papa.... Don't worry I will manage...... Ok, now I should talk to tara first... Bye...." She said and cut the call.

Then she called Tara and she told her the whole story how she saw her fiance with a girl at a restaurant and when she followed them she found out she was his wife. They married secretly. Even his family doesn't know about that. When she asked why he agreed for their engagement he told her that he was afraid of his father and he did all that in family pressure. He not only cheated on Tara but he cheated on his wife too. That poor girl had no idea that he was engaged with Tara..... She started weeping while telling her all this.

"Oh God Tara... I am so sorry.... You must be feeling devastated. I know how excited you were for your marriage...." Naina said slowly.

Tara didn't said anything but Naina could hear her sobbing.