Chapter-50

Ian was at the bar  when his father called him and asked him to come to his office. In spite of how sad he was, he decided to meet him as he didn't want him to know anything about him and Naina. He didn't want to bother anyone and moreover he didn't want to create any problem for Naina. So he decided to behave like nothing happened.

"Dad.... You called me....." Ian said while entering inside his cabin .

"Yes.. Son.. Please have a seat..," he said while shutting down the laptop.
"Ian..... I need a favor " He said slowly.

"Yes dad, tell me....." He said while sitting.

"Ian.... I don't know how to start.... It's really embarrassing....." He said while scratching his temple.

"What happened dad....." Please don't hesitate.

"Ian.... do you remember few months back I went to Australia for our new project..... When I had to came back because of Emma's accident...." He asked.

"Yes, I remember....." He nodded. "What about that.,.." He asked.

"After that, things happened one by one, you went to India and then your marriage..... So I didn't get the time to concentrate on that project. Today I got a call from there... Our project is in major trouble and I need to go there as soon as possible...." He paused.

"Ok, dad so what's the problem?" He asked in confusion.

"Problem is that I don't know how long it will take there and a foreign delegation is coming here after two week. We have worked really hard for this meeting, so we can't delay that, so I want you to attend them on my behalf ... "
"Look Ian....I know you have college to attend and most importantly you just got married, and must wanna spend time with Naina, may be you have some plans with her ...But right now I really need your help son. Trust me if this was not necessary I would've never  forced you. ...." He requested.

Listening his dad, Ian felt relieved. After that night everything was changed. He just wanted to ran away from everything.  He was himself looking for some excuse to miss the college as he didn't want to meet anyone, answer their questions because he knew he could not hide everything for too long specially from James and most importantly Naina.. He thought if he would be around her all the time then it would be impossible for him to control his feelings. He was already trying to suppress them. He didn't want to give her a single reason to leave him. He had accepted the fact that she doesn't love him but she was his wife and she was still with him....May be with time she would except him but till then he decided to maintain distance from her. The more he would be busy the more it would be easier for him to try to forget her rejection . He wanted to get rid of this pain which was consuming him from inside....So it was a great opportunity for him to maintain distance from Naina and let his fate decide for him.

"No dad.... I completely understand.... It will be my pleasure if I could help you in anyway. Don't worry about my college I will catch up with that latter.... And as far as Naina is concerned, don't worry about her.... Iam sure she will understand..... "He  said faking a small smile.

"Thanks son....." He said and hugged him tightly.
"Let's go home..... We have to inform your mom and Naina..... I'll leave tonight..." He said and he nodded.

It's been a week since their wedding.  After that night Ian had changed completely. He had became more reserve and silent. He started getting out more. He used to leave home early in the morning for office and came back late at night. It was only at night when they would see each other.

For the world they were husband and wife but in reality they were living  like just  roommates. Since their wedding Ian was sleeping on the couch. He became cold towards her or atleast he was trying to pretend.... He hardly talked to her. He never made eye contact with her..... And it was not because his love faded, but  it was because deep down he knew if he wouldn't stay away from her now then his urge to make her his will only increase..her just one gaze and all his feeling will overpower him and why not after all he is a man and he too have his needs. Only he knew how he had controlled himself till now. Everytime whenever she was around he had  craved for her. But his craving was never just physical,he wanted her emotionally too. He wanted her to love him like he loved her . He just not only wanted to claim her body he wanted to claim her soul . Now he knew that she doesn't love him but it couldn't change his feelings for her .She still had so much effect on him that if he would even just look into her eyes , all his attempts to control his emotions would be failed and that night not only his feelings but his ego  was also  hurt. He was so much hurt that night that he had no courage to go through the same pain once again. So now in front of her, he wanted to show his strength not his weakness.