Chapter-61

Naina could feel how hard he was trying to avoid her

Naina could feel how hard he was trying to avoid her. She could see how upset he was. He was behaving as if she doesn't exist but Naina was not hurt because of all this,instead she could feel his love behind his rude behavior and decided not to bother him for now and just wait for the right time.They were sitting on the living room. Mom told him about all the preparation for today. He was not interested in all this but to keep himself busy and to stop thinking about her he pretended as if he liked it.

"That's great Mom.... Everything is perfect And the idea of charity ball is fabulous... "He praised her .

"Thanks a lot dear....You know Naina helped me in all the arrangements. She is new here still she really did a wonderful job ....."she told him happily and he faked a smile while secretly taking a glimpse of Naina but he had no idea that she was already staring at him. The way she was looking at him.....There was something unique in that gaze that his heart just skipped a beat.

"Ian...Now it's your responsibility to help me. You know how lonely I feel without your dad. This is the first time when he is away on your birthday........." She said with disappointment.

"Oh... Mom... Cheer up.... He will come soon....." He comforted her.

"Well.. ... I am here right now....." They heard and when the looked up..... They were surprised.

"Dad..... Oh my god... What a surprise....." Ian exclaimed and hugged him. .

"Happy birthday son....." He greeted and hugged him back.

"Thanks dad but why didn't you tell us that you are coming....." He questioned.

"Come on Ian, How could I miss your birthday...." He said and patted on his cheek.

"Welcome back dad.... "Naina greeted and bent down to touch his feet.

"God bless you my child....." He blessed her with a wide smile.

"How are you Naina.... "He asked sweetly.

"I am fine dad......" She replied.

"And now if both of you excuse me can I meet my beautiful wife... "He said with a smile and went to her. Ian smiled and walked out of the living room. Naina too left them alone and walked into the kitchen .

Since he came back home his phone was continuously ringing. All his friends and relatives were calling to wish him. Although he was not in a mood of celebration but for the sake of his family and friends he decided to atleast try to be normal.

After so many days they were having lunch together. Naina prepared dad's favourite Indian dishes.

"Thanks Naina... You know I missed your cooking so much and the coffee you make.... I just craved for it every single day. You know you have spoiled my habits.... "He said and giggled.

Everyone was busy eating their food but Naina she didn't tell anyone about her fast. She didn't want to bother them. After a long time they were having a family time and she didn't want to disturb them. So she made an excuse and came back to her room.