Chapter-22

"Mom, Naina will sit with me" Emma informed mom.

"Ok Emma.."... Naina please sit down I don't think Emma will let anyone else to sit with you" Mom said with a giggle .

Ian and dad also sat down and mom started serving food to Naina.

"Ma'am you please don't bother. I will do it myself " Naina said while looking at mom.

"No.... Naina....You are our guest. Please let me do it". She said and started serving her.

"Please start" She said and sat down on her chair. .

They all started to eat except Naina... She was just looking down.

"What happened Naina.. Why are you not eating. Don't you like it. May I serve you something else". Mom asked in confusion.

"No, no ma'am. I am sorry to bother you but........I forgot to tell you that"...... She paused and started biting her lower lip while looking down.

"That you are vegetarian."... Mom said and she looked at her in surprise.

"Don't worry dear.... These are all vegetarian dishes. Ian already told me about this". Mom said and smiled and Naina got surprised.

"Thank you " She whispered in a low voice while looking at Ian .

"You are welcome " He also whispered and smiled.

During the lunch mom and dad asked her about her country and Indian culture and she was giving answers to every question with so much enthusiasm. Anyone could say that she really loves her country and it's culture and Indian food.

"Emma do you like Indian food ". She asked.

"Ya, I have tried one or two dishes they were good but very spicy". Emma told her.

"Yes, we Indians love spicy food ( she chuckled) but you can adjust the spices according to your taste..... Actually If we were in India, I would have cooked something good for you but I am staying here in hostal.... Therefore..... But no worries... If you ever come to India I will definitely cook for you. Ok". She said happily.

"You know how to cook ". Mom asked.

"Yes, I can cook but not like my mother. She is a great cook and her gajar halwa I mean carrot pudding is the best. I am missing her food so much". She said and sighed.

"Oh wow... She can cook also.. How many hidden talent does she have". Ian thought.

"Mom I want to eat food cooked by Naina.Can she use our kitchen? Is it alright mom? ". Emma asked while looking at mom.

"Emma what are you saying.She is our guest. Please don't mind Naina... She just said without thinking".Mom said glancing at Emma.

"Noooo ma'am it's alright. If you don't mind me using your kitchen I would love to cook for you. Actually I am also missing home cooked Indian food".She said sweetly.

"Why would I mind Naina....you can use our kitchen whenever you like but not today....ok...I can't make you work on your first visit. But yes, next time we would love to taste what you cook". She said warmly.

After the lunch she told mom how much she liked the food.

"Ian why don't you show her around". Mom asked him and he felt happy that at last he got the chance to be with her alone. But his happiness not lasted longer .

"Mom I will show her ".Emma said while holding her hand.

"Ok... Ian you please go with her and make sure she doesn't bother Naina". Mom said and they all went out of dining room.