Original Drama Story

Please watch the OST before starting the story.
Characters:
Mir Hadi

Sanam Khan (Khaani)

Sanam Khan (Khaani)

Sarim Khan

Bonus: Mir Hadi and Khaani imaginary

(Please note that this chapter is taken from Wikipedia as is)The story opens with Sanam Khan (), nicknamed Khaani

The story opens with Sanam Khan (), nicknamed Khaani. She is timid and cowardly unlike a Khan, and her family, who are busy preparing for Khaani and her twin brother Sarim's upcoming birthday. Meanwhile, Sarim is about to graduate when he angers a rich, spoilt son of a politician named Mir Hadi (). A fight ensues, and Sarim is shot by Hadi 4 times and killed instantly.

Devastated over the murder of Sarim, Khaani's family file a court case against Hadi, they begin receiving threats, face a lot humiliation and harassment. However, Khaani, who has matured and grown a backbone since her brother's death, is steadfast even when her parents waver in the situation. She goes to meet Hadi in the jail and warns him that he will be stuck in this jail forever. A few days later, Khaani reaches her home, only to find Hadi there, free! He points a gun on her forehead and with the fear of getting her shot, Khaani's father agrees to sign the maafinama (papers in which he has claimed to forgive Hadi and happily take the case back). Khaani curses him, saying that he'll suffer immensely despite being free. He leaves and later thinks about how he literally placed the loaded gun on her forehead, but she didn't even shiver a slightest bit. Seeing this courage, Hadi is surprised and gradually gets infatuated and obsessed with her. He stalks her, one time to the grave of Sarim where she poured her heart and Hadi, hiding in the back, feels sympathy towards her. He also sends her gifts which she burns, seeing that she isn't willing to accept him, he sends her love letters without revealing his identity. Khaani starts to like her mysterious admirer, but when she realizes that "H" mentioned in the letters is really Hadi, she lets go of her feelings.

Hadi's parents are extremely against his unrelenting interest in Khaani and plan an 'accident' to kill her. Khaani ends up in the hospital, and when Hadi learns it was planned by his father, he confronts him and openly declares his love for Khaani, threatening to take his own life if she dies. Khaani survives with just minor injuries, and Hadi is then determined to marry her. He tries to persuade her but is unsuccessful. Seeing their son's marriage to Khaani as an opportunity to gain a favorable impression and votes in the upcoming election, Hadi's parents agree to help him get Khaani but ask him to be patient while they convince her parents. However, Hadi grows impatient and forcefully betroths her to himself when his father is away on a business trip. This leads to Khaani and her family deciding to escape during the night and go into hiding. Hadi obsessively tries to search for her, and his relationship with his father worsens when he refuses to help Hadi find Khaani with his resources.

Meanwhile, Khaani gets a well-paid job in an office and makes fast friends with her boss's great-granddaughter, Raima, who misses her late mother. Arham, Raima's father and the boss's grandson, starts to fall for Khaani and confesses his love to her, to which she refuses because she hasn't recovered emotionally from the scars left by Mir Hadi. Eventually, she gives in to her feelings and accepts Arham's proposal.

Hadi learns from his best friend, Ali, of Khaani's location, and defies his parents' wish by setting out to find her. To his shock and hurt, he arrives at her home just in time to see her in her bridal gown, preparing for her wedding. He kidnaps her and leaves a letter in her room in which he states that he has Khaani away with him, Khaani's mother reads this later and is devastated. Meanwhile, Hadi takes her and asks her why she never fears him. She badly insults him and tells him that she can never ever love him. Resigned, he returns her home and leaves in a dejected and depressed manner. Khaani's family keeps her kidnapping a secret from the groom's family and proceeds to take her to the wedding hall.

Hadi is overcome by the true essence of love and starts seeking the meaning behind his feelings. Meanwhile, Khaani is happily married and living with Arham's family. However, Arham's family is informed by Hadi's mother, who wants revenge, about Khaani's kidnapping and her family's lies about the past and her brother's cause of death, calling her virtue and character into question, thus resulting in her humiliation. She abruptly leaves the house without informing anyone, and Arham feels lonely in her absence. He decides to bring her back, even though his mother is against it.

Hadi, in contrast, is achieving high levels of love and spirituality. Despite his friend and family's requests, he decides to make a Sufi shrine his humble abode and stays there from then onwards, finding that his old home reminds him too much of all his guilty acts and regrets. He also starts experiencing spiritual visions in the form of a woman during his stay in the shrine. This spirit assists him in recognizing true love. Hadi questions the spirit on how to achieve the ultimate love, to which she replies that it is a lifelong, never-ending process.

After returning to her husband Arham's home, both Khaani and Arham decide to reopen Khaani's brother Sarim's murder case file in an attempt to prosecute Mir Shah (), Hadi's father, and Hadi himself, who shot Sarim.

Unaware that Hadi is a completely changed man now, who only wants to spread love and practice spirituality, both Arham and Khaani persist on with the case reopening. Hadi's father tries many ways to stop his son from being punished but fails each time. Hadi himself declares he is guilty and the court gives him the death penalty. Mir Shah is afraid to face the world and commits suicide, whereas Hadi is given a last wish, to which he says he wishes to meet Khaani. Hadi's mother begs Khaani's mother to save her son from death, so Khaani's parents in turn request Khaani to forgive Hadi. Khaani is first reluctant but then decides to forgive Hadi. She visits him a few minutes before his execution and tells him that he does not need to die as she has forgiven him. Hadi begs Khaani to let him die, but she leaves, telling him that death will be his easy way out and living will be the hard way. In the ending, Hadi is shown teaching other prisoners love and how to practice spiritually. The show ends with Hadi saying 'This is not my doing but it is all thanks to God.'