Hanging by a thread

🎶"Oh Barbaad Hoye, Ghar Saare, Jehde Ishq Ne Malle"🎶

The next weekend, Khaani's parents call the guy and his family who had extended a rishta for her, so that Khaani can formally meet the guy and they can plan the marriage.

Khaani's parents are somewhat relieved and happy that she has said yes, and also that the days of her being tortured by Hadi will be over. But her mother has her doubts, since she feels Khaani had started to have love for Hadi. Everything gets finalised and they set the nikaah date 2 months from now, since the guy's mother says she only has one son and she wants to fulfil all her wishes with his marriage.

Khaani is numb to everything that is going on. Hamza had been calling her whole day and she didn't pick up. She's trembling with fear as to what might've happened to Hadi that Hamza is calling her non-stop.

When she goes back to work on monday, Hamza sees her and grabs her arm while she is walking in the corridor.

"Sanam 3 din kahan thi tum? Maine tumhein kitni calls ki. Tumhara phone kahan hai?" He clenches his jaw.

"Chhodein mujhe!" Sanam doesn't answer his questions.

Hamza's eyes are blistering with anger.

"Ab tumhara pyaar khatam ho gaya hai kya? Pehle toh bahot mohabbat thi? Talaq ke baad bhi itna khayal rakha. Ab kya hua? Itna hi saath tha?" Hamza cannot control his anger and doesn't realize he's hurting her arm.

As he doesn't get an answer from Sanam, he stares at her with despise in his eyes. Then he notices someone is staring at them. He turns to see who this person is, who has just frozen and is only looking at them. Sanam follows his eyes and she sees this lady, who is staring at them with shock and disappointment in her teary eyes.

"Zoya!" Hamza whispers and lets go of the hold.

Zoya comes back into reality and starts walking backwards so as not to face him.

Sanam has no idea who it was. But looking at Hamza she feels that Hamza has love for her.

Hamza runs behind her and catches up to stop her.

"Zoya?"

"Hamza mere pass time nahi hai, mujhe jana hai." Zoya doesn't want to look in his eyes as well.

"Zoya please 2 minute bahir chal ke baat karlo, please. Tumne jo dekha woh sach nahi hai."

"Hamza mujhe farak nahi padta. Tumhein kisi ko kuchh bhi justify karne ki zaroorat nahi hai."