To set you free

Khaani immediately smells alcohol in his breath.

"Tumhein pata nahi hai hamaare mazhab mein sharaab haraam hai?" She says angrily, her eyes blistering.

"Sorry moh-tarma. Aapka mazhab kharab nahi hogaa main sharaab peeke aapko kabhi kiss nahi karunga." He says laughing, getting distracted by the hairs on her forehead and tucking them behind her ear.

"Mujhe Sarim ka sach jaan'na hai aaj hi. Aur mujhe yeh bhi pata hai ke tumne tapes churaayi thi college cameras ki."

"Aa-aa" He cuts her off with his finger on her lips, shushing her. "Mir Hadi kuchh churataa nahi, chheenta hai."

"Haan, jaise mera bhai chheena tumne mujhse." Her eyes raging with anger.

Mind you this whole time Sanam was still in his arm, and she hadn't even realized it. She had accepted that Hadi was her fate, so she didn't resist.

Mir Hadi is so drunk that he cannot even stand straight.

"Sanam, maine tumhare bhai ko nahi mara kitni baar bolun." His eyes turn red.

"Agar nahi maara toh kisne maar diya ussey, kahan chalaa gaya woh!!!!!" She rather shouts this time.

In the meantime, Mir Hamza was grabbing something from the kitchen, when he sees the duo arguing. He already knows what it's about. But he still goes to the front door, because he doesn't trust his own brother when he's drunk.

He hears Khaani talking and realizes why Mir Hadi is head over heels for this girl.

"Main jaa rahi hun apne ghar, bahot ho gaya, aur nahi naatak hota mujhse."

"Naatak? Kaunsa naatak Khaani?"

"Tumhare saath rehne kaa."

"Toh woh sab, jhooth tha? Mera yaqeen paane ke liye? Bolo?" He says with damp eyes.

"Haan jhooth thaa." Khaani says, not maintaining eye contact.

Hadi is too drunk to take a logical decision at this point. He feels it's enough disrespect to him from Khaani.

"Toh khadi kyun ho, chale jaao jahan jaana hai!" He says as a tear rolls down his cheek.

Khaani never expected Hadi to say something like that. Hadi has always responded to her rudeness with love and a lot of begging. She had forgotten how ruthless Mir Hadi was before.

Khaani is fuming and without uttering a word she turns around and leaves. Just then Mir Hamza comes running, he calls out to Khaani. "Bhaabhi!"

Khaani turns around, it's her husband's elder brother.

"Rukein!"

He passes Hadi and goes to her.

"Meri baat sunein, aise ladayi mein koi fayida nahi hai. Main aapko guarantee detaa hun ab main aa gaya hun main bina apko mere bhai ke begunahi ka saboot diye vapis nahi jaunga." He sounds convincing.

Khaani calms down a little bit, hearing him.

Hadi looks her, she is somewhat convinces by Hamza's words. This hurts him, because he has been trying to convince her for so long but she never even tried to trust him. He squeezes his eyes with his hands and cleans off the tears.

"Bhaabhi aap ghar jayein bahot raat ho chuki hai. Main Hadi ko aaj raat ko hi vapis bhej dunga, aap tension na lein." Khaani does not believe her eyes, "THIS IS HADI'S BROTHER? So calm and collected." She thinks.

As soon as she's about to get in the car, Hadi interrupts.

"Nahi, Khaani ko apne ghar jaana hai toh woh apne ghar hi jayegi." He clenches his jaw.

"Hadi tu bas kar, aur bhaabhi ko jaane de." Hamza shushes him.

"Nahi karunga. Sanam tumhein jaana tha na ghar, aur-aur yeh sab toh jhooth tha na tumhare liye, naatak tha, toh ab tum apne ghar hi jaaogi. Agar aur bhi kuchh chahiye toh abhi bataa do. Aaj tumhari har khwahish puri hogi." He's about to fall but Hamza supports him.

"Hadi chup kar ja khuda ke liye. Tune bahot pee rakhi hai."

"Aik minute, Hadi mujhe aur bhi kuchh chahiye, dedoge?"

"Haan ofcourse, I'm Mir Hadi for God's sake!"

Khaani is enraged at this point.

"Toh fir Talaq do mujhe."

All 3 of them are silent. Hadi and Hamza are too stunned to speak. Even though Hadi felt this was coming, he really thought that for a moment, she had something genuine for him.

"Papers pe toh kabhi shaadi hui hi nahi." He says softly.

"Allah ki gawahi mein toh hui hai."

Hadi slowly walks up to her, touches her cheek with the back of his hand and smiles, with eyes filled with tears.

"TALAQ!" He smiles looking at her. 

"Hadi ghar chal ke baat karte hain." Hamza interrupts, knowing Hadi will regret this decision later.

"TALAQ!"

Khaani's eyes are wide open.

"T.A.L.A.Q!"

|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_

Every chapter brings a new twist in this story. Stay tuned and don't forget to vote and comment! ILY all!!!!!!!!!!!!