Without You

After 3 days, Hadi is able to move the tenants in Khaani's house to a new residence. So he sends taxis to get Khaani and his family to move back to Karachi.

Khaani gives in, knowing how stubborn Hadi is. She knows Hadi will send his guards to them every other day until she really leaves Hyderabad to come Karachi.

She convinces her father saying that this is the last thing associated with Hadi.

"Beta vaada karo tum iske bad Hadi se na milogi na us sey koi taaluq rakhogi, aur sim bhi change karo apna taa ki woh tumhein phone tak na karne paaye."

"Ji baba." She agrees, not making eye contact. But Sonia looks at her full of doubt, since she felt her daughter fell in love with the man who destroyed their lives.

"Meri qasam khaao beta tum ab uskey pass nahi jaogi naa us sey baat karogi kabhi."

"Baba main apki qasam nahi khaungi kabhi bhi. Please aise mat kahein. Main koi taaluq nahi rakhungi Hadi se."

"Theek hai." Salman says but Sonia is still in disbelief.

They pack their bags and move to Karachi. When Hadi gets to know that Khaani will be back in her place, he gets relieved but fights his urge to go see her.

For the next week, Khaani and her family sets up in their house and are somewhat happy and relieved, as they try to move past everything that had happened.

After a week, Hadi is at Ali's place, drinking. He misses Khaani today. Ali asks him to stay the night since he is so drunk, but he refuses.

As he is going home at night, something switches inside him, like an urge he was supressing and he couldn't anymore. He made a u-turn immediately and starts driving faster.

The tires screeched as he hit brakes hard in front of Khaani's house.

Khaani hears this and something in her heart  tells her to look out the window of her room. As she gets up and looks down the street, she sees Hadi leaning against the car and already staring at the window.

 As she gets up and looks down the street, she sees Hadi leaning against the car and already staring at the window

He realises that she has blocked his number from everywhere. He didn't expect her to come to the window, but there she is, rather unsettled and scared.

Hadi figures that it must be something her family said to her, they probably never want her to see him again and lose all contact with him

Khaani feels that the only reason she found her family is Hadi, without him she would've never been able to know where they are.

Hadi waves at her, trying to control his emotions. He cannot do anything. Now that she's not even his wife, he cannot just go and get her to be with him. He helplessly stands there, looking at her from afar.

Khaani can tell his eyes are red and swollen. She thinks it's best not to see him or let him see her. She fears if her family find out that he's outside, they might doubt her. So she turns the curtains on the window and leaves.

 So she turns the curtains on the window and leaves

This puts a knife right through his heart

As soon as Khaani goes back to her bed, she breaks down into tears. She doesn't know what she wants anymore. Hadi's face comes right in front of her eyes again and again, and she really wonders if what her mother said was right. Maybe she was in love, with HADI.

Khaani had rejoined the hospital she was working in earlier. Next day, as she is just getting briefed for the schedule, they get an emergency patient coming in.
She sees the patient being taken to emergency room, he is covered in blood. Her heart sinks seeing this and she prays for the person, who ever it is.
"Drunk driving case hai. Patient ne bahot pee rakhi thi." The nurse beside her tells her.
"Oh."

She gets busy in her work and then after some time, she sees Mir Hamza coming into the hospital with guards. His face is pale and he is sweating. It looks as if he's out of breath, and is really scared. Khaani thinks it might be one of his men that went into the emergency.

Mir Hamza approaches the front desk and enquire about someone. Khaani goes into the room behind the front desk area, so he doesn't see her. She comes out later when he leaves.
"Rida yeh kise baare mein poochh rahe the?" Khaani asks the nurse at front desk.
"Wohi Mir Hadi yaa aise kuchh naam tha, jo abhi emergency patient aaya hai. Bataa rahein hai ke case bahot critical hai patient ka bachna mushqil hai. Allah kare uski jaan bach jaaye." The nurse says.

It feels as though the ground beneath Sanam has been shifted. Her head feels so fuzzy and light. She cannot tell the difference between reality and illusion. Her eyes start to close and she feels dizzy. Her head hits the floor as she falls down, unconscious unable to feel anything.
"Allah kaunse gunahon ki sazaa de raha hai!" The thought wooshes through her mind a second before she loses consciousness entirely.

|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|

I'm hurting them tooooo much!! 😭😭 But did you guys like the chapter?!🥹