Captive

Hadi keeps Sanam and her sisters captive in his farmhouse.
He sits outside with a gun in his hand, debating if he made a right decision or not. He gets anxious by the second as he imagines Sanam might hate him even more now.
"But there was no other option, she never would've agreed for marriage." He thinks to himself.
"But why do I want her so badly. Why can't I just let her go. What if I stop bothering her and leave it." He keeps on thinking until his head almost explodes.
He finally gets up and goes to the room where Sanam and her sisters are locked in.

He tells the guards to open the door.
He goes inside, with a rock hard face so as not to show any emotion. He grabs Sanam, who resists with her full force but is unable to let go of Hadi's hold. Her sisters shout at him and try to resist as well.
"Hamne kya bigaada hai tumhara jo hamare sare pariwar ko sazaa de rahe ho tum?!" Sara screams and cries, while holding on to Sanam's hand.
"Sanam ka haath chhodo. Warna aisa na ho jaye sazaa mil jaye." He says, clenching his jaw.

"Sara, sana meri baat suno, main tum dono ko kuchh nahi hone dungi. Theek hai? Mera haath chhod do main vapis aaungi." Sanam tries to console her sisters and withdraws from her sisters' holds.
They both cry for her while Hadi is taking her outside the room. She feels so helpless and weak, her hatred towards Hadi increases even more, just what he had feared.

Hadi takes her outside, in the garden and lets go of her arm. She sighs with pain. As soon as her arm is free, she slaps Hadi very hard.
"Tumhare jaisa wehshi maine apni zindagi mein nahi dekhaa kabhi."
"Sanam!! Main bahot sabar se pesh aa raha hun tumhare saath. Baar baar mujhe galat kaam karne par majboor mat karo."
"Majboor? Yeh tumhari fitrat hai Mir Hadi. Tum yehi ho jo bhi kar rahe ho. Aur yeh sab kuchh hi kar sakte ho tum. Isse zyada kuchh karne ki aukaat hi nahi hai tumhari." She shouts at the top of her lungs, while crying non stop for the suffering her family is going through.

"Meri aik baar baat sun lo Sanam. Maine sach mein tumhare bhai ko nahi maara. Mera yaqeen karo, aur yeh sach main tumhare samne bahot jaldi le kar aaunga. Aur rahi baat meri, mujhe tumse pyaar ho gaya hai Khaani, mai nahi reh sakta tumhare bagair." He says very softly, with moist eyes.
As he looks up to see Khaani's face, who has no feelings other than feelings of disgust and hatred, he hides his feelings too. Once again he turns stone cold.
"Toh baat yeh hai, ke tum raazi khushi mere saath reh sakti ho toh theek hai, agar nahi toh tumhein apni behno ki khushi pyari nahi hai, toh woh bhi theek hai. Decide tumhein karna hai. Jitni jaldi nikaah hoga utni jaldi tumhari behnein waapis ghar chali jayengi. Baaki marzi tumhari." He says, and gestures the guards with his gun to take Khaani back to the room.
She doesn't retaliate this time, it seems like she is thinking about something, or better still, she's thinking about revenge.
She thinks to herself, she will make his life hell, gathet proof of her brother's murder and put him in jail for the rest of his life.

In the morning, someone is knocking very loudly at the door of the room. The guard goes and wakes Hadi up.
"Hadi saheb, woh ladki darwaza bahot zor se maar rahi hai."
"Kya chahiye ussey? Khaana diya tha tum logon ne?" Hadi says, half asleep.
"Woh keh rahi hai aapse koi zaroori baat karni hai."
Hadi jumps out of bed, rubbing his eyes. He goes to her, grabs her like he did before and closes the door on her sisters.
"Kya chahiye tumhein subah subah?" He says, already angry.
"Mujhe manzoor hai."
"Kya?" Hadi seems confused."
"Nikaah, tumse. Lekin meri-"
"KYA????!!!!! Tum sach keh rahi ho? Sanam?" He can't believe what he just heard.
"Lekin meri aik shart hai."
"Kaisi shart."
"Mai nikaah kar lungi lekin kahin sign nahi karungi."
"Yeh kaisi shart hai?"
"Bas."
"Tum Allah se pyaar karti ho?"
"Apni jaan se badhkar."
"Toh tum iss nikaah ko bhi utne hi izzat se rakhogi, sign kya cheez hai tumhare uss khuda ke samne jisko gwaah maankar nikaah ho gaya toh." He smiles.

Khaani starts fuming again. He conscience isn't allowing her to do that but she fights with her heart. This is the first time she had heard Hadi say something so deep that shook her.

"Kab?"
"Jaldi hi Khaani."
"Din batao. Meri behnein ghar sahi salamat pahonchni chahiye."
"Kal? Aur parso tumhari behnein apne ghar."
"Theek hai."

Hadi seems so happy, but underneath he also feels guilty of doing what he did to make Khaani say yes. And then, he thinks, ALL IS FAIR IN LOVE AND WAR, and this time, its a WAR OF LOVE. ❤️