The Aftermath

As Khaani wakes up, she realizes that the nurse had moved her to a couch in the break room.

She tries to get up and the nurse says, "Khaani tumne fir aaj kuchh nahi khaya na? Aise kaise chalega yaar tum kamzor pad jaogi."

"Haan. Thanks Rida."

She is still somewhat dizzy and tries to make her way to the emergency room where Hadi is.

She sees that the operation has been done. So she goes to the doctor to ask the condition, he puts him in charge of the patient.

The doctor told her that the patient is still in critical condition even after the operation.

"We do not know whether he can heal from the trauma to his body or not. We can only take proper car at this point and hope that he will be better. I need you to take exceptional care Sanam, kyunki woh Mir Shah ka beta hai. And I don't know what will happen to this place, if something happens to him. When he's better or IF he's better, we'll need to perform an operation again because right now unki halat hadd se zyada khraab hai and we can't do anything."

"Ji sir, I will take proper care. Unko hosh aa gaya hai?"

"No I don't think he will be conscious for a few days. It's very bad, upar se uski family ka pressure. His brother is already threatening me. Anyways Sanam, please go and see if anything is needed."

"Sure sir."

She goes and sees Mir Hamza sitting in the room, his hands in his face. Khaani knocks on the door to let him know that she's here.

"Sanam?"

"Ji Assalaam-Alaikum."

"Walaikum-Salam. Aap yahan kaise?"

"Uh- main yahan kaam karti hun."

"Oh, han. Hadi ne bataya tha aap kisi hospital mein nurse hain."

It seems to Sanam as if Hamza didn't want to confirm the fact that Hadi is lying unconscious in front of him, with countless injuries. Even Sanam herself hasn't looked at Hadi because she knows she will shatter inside.

"Koi movement hui Hadi mein? Any progress?"

Hamza frowns and shakes his head. Khaani realizes Hamza loves his little brother more than anything, even if they're not real brothers and one would probably expect them to be each other's worst enemies, since they're Mir Shah's successors. But it's the entire opposite of that.

She feels that love is more than blood and there will always be someone who will love you more than anything in the world. Everyone has their one person. For Hadi, it was Hamza, and for her it was Hadi, ofcourse.

"Baba aur Sitaara aunty aate hi honge, aap chale jayiye, main nahi chahta kisi bhi baat ka gussa woh aap par nikalein." Hamza tells her.

"Ji. Aap mujhe 'aap' kehke mat bulayiye please. Main aapse chhoti hun. Aur Hadi ko kuchh nahi hoga aap tension mat lijiye."

"Aik baat batao Sanam. Aap- sorry tum kal issey mili thi?"

"Uhh- nahi."

"Aisa kya ho gaya jo itney gusse mein yeh gaadi chalaa raha tha. Tumhein pata hai gaadi ka kuchh bhi nahi bachaa. Ali ne bataya ke uskey ghar se nikal kar vapis aa raha tha. Lekin gaadi toh kisi aur hi raste par thi, control bigad gaya gaadi ka speed mein."

"Main aapse kuchh chhupana nahi chahti." She says, lowering her eyes.

Hamza gets up in curiosity.

"Hadi aaya tha kal mere ghar bahir. Main us sey milne nahi gayi kyunki, mere gharwalon ne mujhse waada liya hai us sey koi talluq na rakhne ka."