Setting my heart on fire

A week goes by and Hadi still isn't better.

Khaani is haunted by Sitaara's words when last week she said Khaani is responsible for Hadi's condition. Hamza came right in time, and he let her go from Sitaara's hold as she was choking Khaani. Seeing Hadi's condition Sitaara had lost it. On top of it, she saw Khaani with Hadi, hand in hand. Khaani obviously understood why Sitaara behaved like that.

She is jolted into reality by her colleague Rida, who hits her with her elbow in order to make her listen to the doctor's instructions, who is briefing them about Hadi's treatment.

After he's done, Rida turns to Khaani and says, "Doctors ke hisab se toh uska bachna mushqil lag raha hai."

Every time Khaani hears this from anyone, she starts panicking. Deep down in her heart, she feels maybe Hadi was never guilty at all. Carrying this belief, she started to have feelings for him, she started to love him. Still she prayed for him not to be guilty because there wouldn't have been a way she would have lived peacefully with the thought that at one point she was in love with her brother's murderer.

She comes home so exhausted. She hasn't slept properly since the last two weeks. It feels like she has been tired since so long. The doctor had told her to go home and rest as she had been working overtime so much.
She dozed off at 6 in the evening only.
As she was going to sleep, she remembers one time Hadi was laying down right next to her, their nose slightly touching. She remembers how he kissed her that night. As a cool breeze is blowing in from the window, she doesn't know if she's awake or not. She remembers his lips brushing against hers, as he holds her waist and pulls her closer. It's a feeling never felt before. As she pulls back she sees Hadi's face again, his gaze so intense that she feels he's looking into her soul.

"Kya hua?" He whispers.
"Kuchh nahi, Hadi mujhe sone do."
"Wohi toh main keh raha hun, mujhe sone do. Lekin tumhein dekhar sone ka bilkul bhi mann nahi karta." He says while tucking her hair behind her ear.

----(Details of what had happened that day)----

"Sanam"
"Hmm?"
"Can I kiss you?"
"Nahi, Hadi please chhodo mujhe sone-"
He pulls her from the neck and kisses her, not letting her complete her sentence.
Initially, Sanam tries to resist but somewhere inside, she knows she doesn't want to. She likes this.

As they are kissing, Hadi comes on top of her and kisses her neck.
"Hadi please stop! Please!!!!"
Hadi backs off.
"If you don't like it, I will get off. But if you do like it Mrs. Sanam. Mir. Hadi, then I'm sorry but you have to deal with this, with me for the rest of your life." He whispers.
"So, what is it?" Hadi asks dominantly.
Sanam stares at him for a while and then her face looks like she has made a decision.
She takes his hand and places it on her cheek, looking into his eyes. Hadi gets the answer to his question.

He takes both her hands and put them above her head, locking both her hands with his.

"Abhi tumhare haath bheech mein na ayein." He demands.
Sanam kisses him back, passionately. She removes his t-shirt and runs her hand on all of his back.
He goes on to kiss her face, her lips, the neck. As he sucks the life out of her neck, her fingers dig deeper into his back and she moans, "Hadi please! Nishaan pad jayega."
He clenched his jaw and rubs her lips with his thumb, "Toh pad jaane do, sabko dikhega, ke tum meri ho, sirf aur sirf meri. Agar koi teesra hamare darmiyan aaya na Sanam, toh Mir Hadi apni aukat pe utar aayega."

That night was intoxicating. Sanam doesn't remember what exactly happened after this. Or she didn't want to remember, for her sanity. As shortly after that night, this same Mir Hadi had divorced her. So she didn't even want to remember that night at all.

|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|

Next morning she goes to work, only to find some Danyal and his men in the parking. They had been waiting for her. She tries to walk past as one of the guards stop her.
"Itni jaldi kyun hai MRS. Sanam ji? Apka shohar toh vaise bhi marne ki halat mein hai."
"Khuda ka khauf karo Danyal. Tumhare lafz kahin tum par hi na bhaari pad jayein." Sanam glares at him.

Danyal laughs. "Uskey marne se pehle tumhein kuch dikhana tha." He hands out a USB drive.
"Dekh kar decide karna ke tumko ab bhi khuda se uski behtari ki dua mangni chahiye ya nahi."

Sanam is perplexed at this. She takes the USB but she doesn't know what he was talking about. Her whole day at work has gone by thinking about what it could be. She cannot focus at anything else.
She heads home in a hurry, and when she reaches she locks herself in her room, opens her laptop and opens the file.
It is the college security cameras, of the day when Sarim was killed. But it's various security footages combined into one.
As the seconds go by, her heart shatters all over again and again. She is in disbelief. All that she had prayed so hard for, didn't work. Her duas didn't work. She feels she would've been better off dead than see this.

It is a footage of Hadi arguing with Sarim and then shooting Sarim 4 times and then right next is another footage of Sarim laying on the ground, with blood all over, fighting for help, for life.

A flashback of all her memories with Hadi runs through her mind. She cannot believe, she really fell in love with the person who actually was the murderer, who turned her and her family's life into hell. How could she do that to her brother? She feels short of breath, as she grabs water. She feels guilty, even more than Hadi or anyobody else.
"Maine tumse pyar kiya?" She talks to herself, with her hand on her forehead.
"Tumse? Mere bhai ke qatil se? Hey Allah meri jaan kyun nahi le li iss sey pehle. Ab main apne bhai ko kya jawab dungi? Mama baba, unko kya kahungi?"

After a couple hours, when her family starts to get worried that why she has locked herself in the room, they start to knock.
Sanam finally opens the door, and her mother is standing there.
"Mama?"
"Han beta? Sab theek hai?"
"Ji. Aap meri taraf se rishte ke liye haan samjhiye." She says as she remembers Hadi's words "Agar koi teesra hamare darmiyan aaya na Sanam, toh Mir Hadi apni aukat pe utar aayega."

|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|

Guysssssssss!!!!! How was it? I think this chapter was a rollercoaster. But atleast you got something spicy🥵☺️. Keep voting and commenting ILY all!!🥰❤️