25.

"Say it ain't so,
Your drug is a heart breaker..."

-
HARRYS POV:

The morning sun hitting her face was one of the most beautiful things I had ever seen. She looked so peaceful.

Part of me wished she could have stayed asleep forever. It would have been a lot easier for the both of us.

She wouldn't have to face the pain anymore. Everything that had happened to her wouldn't matter. It would all just go away. She would never have to think about any of it ever again.

She could just dream about better things. Better people. A better life.

I slowly got up from the bed, gently pulling myself from underneath her her delicate body, trying my best not to wake her. Once I made it out of the bed, I quietly made my way into the living room. I started the coffee pot, knowing she was going to want a cup when she woke up. I never really drank coffee before her, but I bought the machine when she first started coming over. Making coffee for her in the morning had become sort of a ritual for me.

I pulled my phone out of the pocket of my sweatpants, before pressing the buttons on the screen, calling Zayn.

"Hello."

"Did you take care of that piece of shit?" I asked quickly.

"Oh, good morning to you too Mate. Sounds like you woke up on the right side of the bed." He joked.

"Answer my fucking question." I snapped.

I wasn't really in the mood for jokes.

"Who shit in your cheerios this morning?"

"Zayn." I spoke sternly, trying to tell him I was being serious.

"Fine. If by 'took care of ' you mean scrape what was left of him off the parking lot of my tattoo shop then yes."

"I won't have anything to worry about then?"

"No. I called Niall and Louis and they helped me with- him."

"Great."

We were both quiet for a few seconds.

"How's Cali doing?" He muttered, but he knew the answer already.

"Not good, but better than I thought. She's still asleep though. I haven't really had a chance to talk to her about it." The words hurt more than I expected them to as they left my mouth.

"Okay. Text me if she needs anything."

"I will." I replied, before hanging up the phone.

When I turned around I was surprised to see her standing in the hall, leaning up against the doorframe. She was watching me intently, looking me up and down, before catching my eye.

"Who were you talking to?" She questioned, looking back at me curiously.

"Zayn." I replied, trying to study her to see if I could get a feel for how she was handling things.